Heated screen repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated screen repairs

I have a 'quattro' script rear screen for the S4, but it has been kicking about the garage for a while. What would be the best way to test it and potentially repair any damaged heating elements?

Having it working would be icing on the cake, as I have a spoiler rear tailgate to fit.

'93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Use a multi meter to check for resistance. If it's open circuit, there is a break somewhere.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I'll dig out the multimeter and have a look. Would be great shame to not try and save it, very rare piece.
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

If there is a break in the circuit, you can buy a special repair pen.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I wasn't aware of quattro rear screens for C4's, which models got them?

I've never actually checked the back of my 2.8 100 Avant quattro, that got the rear spoiler from the factory, though I think I'd have noticed a quattro rear screen, going to have a look today...
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I believe they were only fitted to very early models, mine came from a '92 S4. Later on accountants took over and all the cool stuff disappeared.

Luckily there seem to be options out there for fixing if it is broken.

Got any pictures of you 2.8? My first 100 was 2.6 and still one of the best cars I've owned.
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I had one on my 91 3b coupe till someone smashed it

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                I believe they were only fitted to very early models, mine came from a '92 S4. Later on accountants took over and all the cool stuff disappeared.

Luckily there seem to be options out there for fixing if it is broken.

Got any pictures of you 2.8? My first 100 was 2.6 and still one of the best cars I've owned.
                My 2.8 Avant Q is from early 1992, just checked it doesn't have the quattro rear screen, would have been chuffed to have found it did.

I would take some photo's, however she's over my pit in the workshop halfway through fitting the sports pack suspension from the 30V Q I've just broken so it's hard to take any decent ones.

I'll be starting a project thread on it over the Christmas period, my left arm is finally upto grappling with the front subframe etc again and I want to get it on it's wheels so I can use the pit.

It was already quite a nice spec but I've fitted full leather from a late S6 and it's getting quite a few bit's that are in much better condition from the 30V, full suspension with rear ARB as all the stuff from that car is pretty much rust free, it spent it's whole life in London. Plus when I checked back through the 30V history I found it had new dampers fitted by Audi in the last couple of years of it's life along with a load of bushes.

I did consider putting the 30V in but decided to leave the 2.8 12V in place it's done 80K less miles and has full history and goes well enough, plus I put a new genuine clutch in it back when I had it on the road. Not worth the hassle to gain 20 BHP IMO.

They do drive very nicely, I hate to say it but it's much more comfortable than my RS2 though they're completely different cars.
                Last edited by K Simmonds; 12 December 2022, 12:26.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                X