S2 Clean air zones - Vehicle details are incomplete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Clean air zones - Vehicle details are incomplete

As Newcastle are introducing a clean air zone, I figured I would check to see if my cars are exempt. So far all of them are, which is surprising I do wonder if this is just another diesel tax, to get rid of all the old diesel cars?

However when I put my S2 in the government vehicle checker Drive in a clean air zone - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) I get the following message.
    ******.jpg

Now I've compared the details from my V5 on my A4 to my S2 as there is only a year apart between the two cars, and the fields are very much identical. Any idea what I'm missing?
    FTF.jpg

Don't know but mine has Coupe as the body type not special purpose like yours says and for model it has Coupe S2 4x4 Turbo.

Other than that mine is identical.
    1994 Indigo Blue S2 coupe
    1994 80 Avant 1.9 TDI
    2005 Yamaha Fazer 1000
    1953 AJS Model 18S

Comment

Interesting, will have to contact the DVLA, as my S2 is also a coupe.

Comment

Even if that isn't the problem hopefully DVLA will get it sorted out for you.
        1994 Indigo Blue S2 coupe
        1994 80 Avant 1.9 TDI
        2005 Yamaha Fazer 1000
        1953 AJS Model 18S

Comment

I'm in a pickle as the ULEZ zone is coming right out to the M25 I have the S2 and the Missis has a 20 year old Bettle both not covered so evry time we go off the drive it will be £12.50Thanks Sadique you banker

Comment

I was looking into this ULEZ/Clean air zone. For what I can see is it's a great stealth tax to remove old diesel cars and get the less wealthy in society off the road. I was looking at an 2002 A2, one being TDI and the other petrol. The petrol was exempt and the diesel was taxed. For London with the clean ULEZ and the congestion charge you will be paying almost £28 a day, so around £560 a month and then you still need to add all the usual motoring expenses. Old diesels will be dropping in price in the area's ULEZ/Clean air zone, as no one will want them.

I got a responce back to my email today and have been told they are investigating the car to see if it compliant or not however I'm guessing it's not going to be, but as my other 3 are I'm covered.

Comment

Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
              I was looking into this ULEZ/Clean air zone. For what I can see is it's a great stealth tax to remove old diesel cars and get the less wealthy in society off the road. I was looking at an 2002 A2, one being TDI and the other petrol. The petrol was exempt and the diesel was taxed. For London with the clean ULEZ and the congestion charge you will be paying almost £28 a day, so around £560 a month and then you still need to add all the usual motoring expenses. Old diesels will be dropping in price in the area's ULEZ/Clean air zone, as no one will want them.

I got a responce back to my email today and have been told they are investigating the car to see if it compliant or not however I'm guessing it's not going to be, but as my other 3 are I'm covered.
              I agree Lee, this is a stealth tax on older Diesel car's and in turn the poor.

Non of it makes any sense, you could take every car off the road and it really wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to global C02 levels, what car's push out is just a drop in the ocean compared to aircraft, shipping and the biggest polluter of all unregulated heavy industry in places like China.

I try not to spend too much time thinking about it as it doesn't do me any good.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                I'm in a pickle as the ULEZ zone is coming right out to the M25 I have the S2 and the Missis has a 20 year old Bettle both not covered so evry time we go off the drive it will be £12.50Thanks Sadique you banker
                That's crazy, this legislation is totally unfair to drivers of older cars, who somewhat perversely are the greenest of all the road users, apart from cyclists I guess.

What's the score with your bike Rikki, how much does the government want to charge you for the pleasure of using that, on top 'road tax' and the vast sum's they rake in from fuel?

Comment

Bikes exempt luckily

Comment

Well that's something but it's going to make using your S2 and your missus Beetle nonviable, certainly long term.

Comment

I think it is Euro 4 for petrol engines and Euro 5 for diesels, so none of the 2.2s will be compliant. My old 2002 A8 4.2 was compliant as that was Euro 4.

That's assuming it has same requirements as London
                      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Got an email back today they have sorted the issue. So I can now drive into Newcastle without charge, but as suspected it's not ULEZ compliant. However I don't see myself driving to London in the car so not really an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                          So if you drove your car off the drive every day for a year that would be over £4.5K I take it the beetle is going and a ULEZ compliant car purchased.

Comment

Haha yeh, they're doing a srcappage scheme so will get £2,000 for it so that will help towards a newer car

Comment

The question is when do they move the goal posts. It's currently Euro 4 petrol & Euro 6 diesel. Cannot see then changing the Euro level on diesel but I think petrol will change to 6 at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X