No announcement yet.

S2 Clean air zones - Vehicle details are incomplete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take note that not all ULEZ requirements are the same. I took a Bluemotion 1.6 diesel Golf (low emission £25 a year road tax etc.) into the Birmingham ULEZ for a 2 min incursion following a sat nav detour just before Christmas and it cost me £120 penalty. Turns out car would have been exempt in all ULEZ zones EXCEPT Birmingham and Bristol.

Comment

Just to let you guys know. Fresh air zones are popping up around the country. Not just London. In all major cities currently. Bristol, Manchester, etc etc.. The s2 is not exempt - until its 40 years old..

Comment

Massive stealth tax,

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
          Just to let you guys know. Fresh air zones are popping up around the country. Not just London. In all major cities currently. Bristol, Manchester, etc etc.. The s2 is not exempt - until its 40 years old..
          B2’s (shortly) for the win…

Not that driving in any of the ULEZ is actually a win….
          85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Here is the list of clean air zones (excluding ULEZ) and according to that list for my S2 there are only Birmingham & Bristol I would need to pay for.

free.jpg

Comment

Just another way to tax the hell out of people and push people to buy new compliant cars and make the places look nicer because of it.

I saw they are trying to do the zone in Oxford and explanding the zone around London to include heathrow which would cause me issues as I spend about half my time out the country so flying in/out of the UK I'd be in the zone and I'm trying to find out if the zone in Oxford would be covering the place I stay at when in the UK.

There has been mixed views from what I've seen about electric cars, more people are showing the negative side of things. My previous boss had a rivian electric pickup truck. Used to sound like a old milk float inside when we had to go anywhere, couldn't drive it in the rain/snow until he downloaded an update for the equivilent of a transmission controller as it was undriveable due to the instant torque from the motors. The led headlights froze over on multiple occasions from lack of heat. A few times he has plugged it in to charge and came back and found it did the opposite and discharged the battery meaning he couldn't go anywhere.

Range on it wasn't fantastic - 300-350 miles depending on temperature and if he was towing anything that 300+ miles would instantly drop to 100ish miles and then recalculate as the journey progressed. He ended up being effectively trapped within the area he could drive to on a charge unless he planned to find places to stay overnight or fast chargers so he could continue the journey.

I wonder how many people will be forced to relocate due to the costs as not everyone can afford to live places and get hit with this charge everyday.

Comment

Who want's to take their car to a city out of curiosity ?? I know I don't. Last visit I took to the big smoke, I took the train..... and didn't have to find a parking space

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                  Who want's to take their car to a city out of curiosity ?? I know I don't. Last visit I took to the big smoke, I took the train..... and didn't have to find a parking space
                  But, what if you live on the outskirts, right on the cusp of a city for 15 years, but then they decide to put a ULEZ in place 100 metres from your house, but it leaves you inside the LEZ.

Even if you take your car out the garage onto the road to turn it round.... now you've entered the ULEZ and are liable for the charges...

Only option is to move house right?
                  Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                  S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                  '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

You would need to know where the camera's are in your local area. Then the game of trying to avoid them.

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                      But, what if you live on the outskirts, right on the cusp of a city for 15 years, but then they decide to put a ULEZ in place 100 metres from your house, but it leaves you inside the LEZ.

Even if you take your car out the garage onto the road to turn it round.... now you've entered the ULEZ and are liable for the charges...

yeah that's 5h1t

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post

We’re dealing with the late in-laws estate and it’s literally 200-yds from the Greater London ULEZ. If we ‘pop’ to the local Tesco extra to buy something it’s a ULEZ charge.
                        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

So - answers on a postcard on what they will waste this new source of income on? I doubt it will be road maintenance.

Comment

Well the CQ20V is a £9 charge for Bristol now..... guess if I ever go there (which is rare) I'll take my tax-exempt 4.0 V8 Land Rover instead

When I go to London with work it's always on the train so no issues there.

Comment

I live 1/2 mile inside the M25 so will have to find routes to avoid or maybe try some stealth plates

Comment

I knew a car dealer in London (still know him actually) who drove around in a car with one letter of the plate wrong for years to avoid getting had by speed cameras when they first came out, of course these day's with ANPR car's everywhere that wouldn't be such a great idea... Not that it was a really good idea in the first place but he reckoned it saved him thousands in fines over the years.
                                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X