3 RS2's on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 RS2's on ebay

It quite rare to see an RS2 for sale, let alone 3 of them, and one being a barging at under 40K with 118K on the clock but does look a bit rough around the edges.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285114908749

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125723499782

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295504653360

Also a cheap S2 Avant but looks like it needs a bit of welding according to the last MOT https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374444951188
    Last edited by B5NUT; 2 February 2023, 20:08.

People cashing in

Comment

Cannot blame them. If I had the money I would be interested in the 40K one.

Comment

Dream car was an RS2, settled for an S2. Mad to think they were less than £20k 10 years ago.

Comment

What were s2 prices 10 years ago 2-3K?

Comment

Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
            What were s2 prices 10 years ago 2-3K?
            Around £4k I'd say.

I just hope the people buying them are actually using them, it's a shame when they all end up just sat in collections and not driven.

Comment

Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
              Also a cheap S2 Avant but looks like it needs a bit of welding according to the last MOT https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374444951188
              Maybe the MOT tester fancied it ?! Many here will recognise this car, it was/is a belter.

Comment

Don't know the car unfortunately. The owner has been honest and stated it's a cat D and given a list of issues with the car. I know these cars can rust badly There was an S2 broken last year I think due to rust and there is a good thread on hear by Dobby84 which shows the extent of the rust on his S2. I'm sure someone will get a good car which they can make perfect.

Comment

Still none of them have sold for an age. Optimistic pricing for now i would think...

If they were the bargains we think they are, they'd be sold a long time ago..

F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
                  1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Agreed. The CAT D no matter how clean it is will always have that mark against it. I think around £9k would be a fair price for it.

That being said a none runner sold at auction for around £8k the other month so who knows?

The S2s are very niche and unknown, only had mine about a month and people are shocked when they realise it's a 5 cyl turbo. If I ever get rid of mine I don't expect it to be quick to sell.

Comment

There was a very tidy S2 coupe sold (110K miles mark) in the last month for just under £20K. Think people when buying these cars are very picky. They look at the MOT history etc, lots of advisories don't go down very well. Also Have to say CAT cars put me off. Not because I'm worried about the repair, it's just trying to sell a CAT damaged car is a nightmare, and the amount of people that will buy them is very slim.

Comment

Are coupes worth more than Avants?

Comment

I would say yes, they do appear to make more money, however like everything it does depend on history, condition and milage etc.

Also correct milage does appear to be a must. There was a very very nice S2 Avant that had been well restored and was in amazing condition, just there was a milage discrepancy, and the guy could not sell it for love nor money, it was on FB for many months. It did sell in the end at a cheaper price and I think it was exported to the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan94 View Post
                            Are coupes worth more than Avants?
                            Yes for sure.
                            Now these cars have become expensive, the type of people buying them tend to be thinking about the investment potential and look for history, low owners and mint unmodified examples.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Yes for sure.
                              Now these cars have become expensive, the type of people buying them tend to be thinking about the investment potential and look for history, low owners and mint unmodified examples.
                              Ah fair play! I prefer a big slipper but I can see the appeal of the coupe.

Comment

Working...
                              X