VW Corrado fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Corrado fuel issue

Hi, anyone know much about corrado's? Son is looking at one and there is a possible fuel problem at WOT where the car stutters, possibly from fuel starvation or a related symptom. Apparently its fine in normal driving and the car had a new pump about 9mths ago but seems to be a recurrent issue. Its a 1990 1.8 16v...
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

I believe this is the same engine as Mk2 Golf 16v which I had back in the day. It could be a number of things as these have a bit of a reputation as they age. I would replace the fuel filter as first port of call. Then you have lift pump to check plus a few other things. Best pop over to the Gti forum for more info
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

A good set up with Co and timing will most likely sort it. I never see any of these anymore..

Comment

It’s a KR lump, I’d argue 90 percent of running issues with these are down to weak mix and ignition timing being out. 30 mins with someone who knows what they are doing a gas tester and a strobe and you’ll be good. Also really worth checking the toothed crank pulley , they had a habit of cracking and throwing timing all over the shop.

Comment

Mokey's covered just about everything, they do suffer from crack bottom pulley's, think it's the same crappy part as found on I5's though not 100% sure on this. Do check the cambelt timing along with his other suggestions.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Oh and only strobe it in the flywheel the vibration damper is not a reliable datum.

Comment

Working...
            X