Insurance time again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance time again

Hey guys, It's that time again!! My insurance is running out and I'm not happy about the renewal quote....

My situation:
    I have 2 cars. One Audi S2 ABY and a VW tdi run around. last year my insurance was £658 which was for both cars, declared mods and insured mods on the audi s2 and full breakdown cover and europe too. S2 valued at £25000 I was with Adrian Flux. I have 6 pts on my licence and renewing this year they want a staggering £1200!!! Can anyone suggest any decent and affordable insurances. The s2 year is1996, so would a classic insurance count? Please feel free to recommend any here, My renewal is up next week. Thank you

I just renewed my insurance on the S2, with an agreed value same as yours, but with no mods. I have limited miles of 4K a year and the cost was just under £150 with Lancaster classic Insurance for the year. Don't have any points on my license at the moment & no accidents in the last 5 years which usually helps with the price.

Comment

Lancaster insurance do my other classic car project and were fairly understanding of the 1.8 to 2.0L engine swap. It raised quote from 80 to £107.

The theory is that classic/cherished car owners care for the vehicles better than 'most' other motorists and are therefore a lower risk...unfortunately your points put that risk back up.

I would suggest admiral multicar as they managed to insure my cq20v, skoda octavia, kia sedona and saab 99 for £700. They no longer have an agreed value scheme though hence the move to lancaster for the saab.

So many factors influence prices and how insurers calculate risk, you are just going to have to get quotes from a selection and see how all of your circumstances are assessed by different companies.

What works for one may not work for you.

Comment

I had a similar situation with AF my renewal quote was £850 from £600 last year I called them told them I had a quote of £500 they did it for £590

Comment

Chris go for A Plan

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
            Hey guys, It's that time again!! My insurance is running out and I'm not happy about the renewal quote....

My situation:
            I have 2 cars. One Audi S2 ABY and a VW tdi run around. last year my insurance was £658 which was for both cars, declared mods and insured mods on the audi s2 and full breakdown cover and europe too. S2 valued at £25000 I was with Adrian Flux. I have 6 pts on my licence and renewing this year they want a staggering £1200!!! Can anyone suggest any decent and affordable insurances. The s2 year is1996, so would a classic insurance count? Please feel free to recommend any here, My renewal is up next week. Thank you
            Hi.
            If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take another look in to your renewal and see if there's anything more we can do.
            Regards,
            Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX View Post
              Hi.
              If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take another look in to your renewal and see if there's anything more we can do.
              Regards,
              Dan.
              Hey dan you could do, I have just renewed. I need to phone back up actually. what is your name please, so I can be forwarded to you?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X