Advice needed after fault appeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed after fault appeared

So my dog pressed the diff button and then it started playing up. I pressed it again to turn it off and the little green light stayed on and the yellow abs warning light stayed on the dash. Neither would go off so drove it home around 30-40mph as wheels were struggling to grip when leaving a few junctions and didn’t like turning either. Weird sensation any clues what’s up please?? Thanks in advance

The locking pin is stuck in the rear diff, just climb under and give it some exercise. Should release and be back to normal.

Comment

Diff is locked, hopefully it could be as simple as the switch is sticking, I say that as I had this problem and sorted it by trimming the switch surround if I remember right??........and a squirt of silicon spray.

Does the switch operation feel ok?

Comment

Seems so John but then I haven’t used or pressed it for probably more than a decade lol!!

Comment

If the diff lock is stuck you can sometimes release it by putting the car in reverse and back to first rocking the car back and forward a small amount whilst operating the switch. Otherwise, as said previously, get under the diff and move the lever manually.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
            Seems so John but then I haven’t used or pressed it for probably more than a decade lol!!
            So your dog uses it most yes !

Comment

Thanks for your help gonna try and sort over the next few days. Yes John you are correct mate lol

Comment

Working...
              X