plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plugs

Hi just any one out there that might be able to give some good advice on what plug type and rating for a mildly uprated 7a engine. have used Bosch and currently using NGK but lacking .... I dont know what but just feels like it needs a bit more. Using the tri electrode plugs jus tfeel like they need to give a bit more effort, also using 8mm leads too

I like both NGK and Bosch options and found no difference between the two, I can't recall the code's off the top of my head but whatever is stock worked best in my 3B and that was pretty heavily modifed.

Obviously clean all contacts going to the coil and the engine earths, if that doesn't sort it perhaps you're fuel pump or it's wiring is getting tired or the igntion coil itself both being well over 30 years old now if original. Could also be the MAF going out of whack.

What fuel do you use and how old is the filter?

What colour are the tips of the spark plugs after a good blast? That should provide some info to start with.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks Kit. Change all the above you mentioned on Saturday. quattro off road at the mo due to A blown exhaust. Thanks for you info.

Comment

Working...
      X