Speedo sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo sensor

Morning. Ok two part question. How easy is it to change a Speedo sensor on a cq20v, could it be done on the drive with the car on jack's or does it really need to be on a ramp. Part two where is it on the gearbox? Speedo is fine up to 30 mph then the needle drops to zero. I was told when I swapped out the gearbox that the sensor could do with changing but did nothing about it as it was working fine until now!

It should be located on the left hand side of the gearbox just above the driveshaft (well it is on the S2) Don't know if your battery is in the engine bay on your car but if not then it very easy to get to, and don't need an axle stands or lift the car in any way. If you battery is in the engine bay then it could be a pain to get to from the engine bay. You may also want to check your cluster, I changed my sensor and still had no speed registered on the dash so took the dash apart and cleaned up the contacts up and it was all working again.

Comment

I found the contacts were a problem, once cleaned I’ve not had further issues

Comment

Working...
      X