Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Insurance Question

Just wondered if anyone has had this happened to them,
    I resently bought my wife a cabriolet, and this ment we had three cars S2,S6, and ,cabby to insure. I spoke to Norwich union, my insurers for the past six years, and they wanted nearly £1100 for my wife and I to drive all three cars,yes I know far to much money, so after trying unsucssesfully to reduce this amount I tried Admiral, and quess what £628 on a multy car policy,so I canseled Norwich union and went with Admiral.
    Today, I received a realey agressive letter from Norwich union, demanding, in no uncertain terms that I pay a cancelation fee of £115 or they will take me to court. All this has happend in three weeks.
    What do you think is my best corse of action.
    Many thanks Lou

read the small print in the contract first
    94 s2 avant
    aoc member 1116

Comment

Cant you just keep the S2 & S6 with Norwich Union till they are up for re-newal, in the meantime insure the Cab with Admiral, still under a multicar policy (tell them the renewal date for the others and thats when you pay them the extra and have all 3 insured with them)

Thats similar to what i did anyway..

Comment

Dunno if norwich union would take you to court even small claims court over such a small amount as it would cost them more to do it in the long run. Might just be trying there luck.

Comment

Surely if you ask them to quote for more/less/other cars and the quote is not acceptable to you then you should be able to cancel?

If they want your bussinees they should match the quote or explain why theirs is so different!

P.S. Write a letter to 'Watchdog' saying you beleive this to be an 'unfair practice' in our modern free market.

If you do pay write on the cheque 'PAYED UNDER PROTEST', and enclose a letter...keep copies.
          Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

P.S. you could just forget to sign it as well!
            Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

I agree with what has been said,and I thank every one for there comments, the question is, in a free market is this practise leg'al. I know about the small print, and all about being a fool with a pen, which I don't think I am by the way, as my original dealings with Norwich union where over the phone. I am just amazed at there attitude.there has been no atempt to regain my buisness,they are just pissed of at loosing it. IF THERE ARE ANY MEMBERS ON HEAR WITH SHARES IN NORWICH UNION,I SUGGEST YOU THINK ON.

Comment

It also depends on how long you have held the policy, if within 14 days of renewal you are entitled to a full refund minus a small admin charge. Otherwise it is a case of going through the small print. DarrenM's idea seems sensible to keep the two policies with NU until renewal and insure the other else where if that is cost effective
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks for your advise, it would of been the sensable thing to do,but it is to late for that.When norwich union told me the price ,and that there was no cheaper alternative, I canceled by phone and transferred to admiral. Norwich union then sent me the bill.

Comment

Don't think they can charge a cancelation fee if you've fully paid up front for your policy. But they would be able to charge you if you were paying by instalments as the policy won't have been paid up! If you have fully paid up the policy then you should infact be chasing them for a refund on the time remaining on the policy!!
                    '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Working...
                    X