Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E85 Again

Hi,

after reading a lot on different Forums i desided to try E85 on my RS2 today. I mixed it so i have 50% Vol Gasoline and 50% Ethanol in the Tank. Cold start with 4 Degrees outside Temp is very well. Could notice any drawbacks till now but it is only one day using it.

Many people in the German forums running E85 Mixtures in their audis (10V Turbo, or ABY AAN and ADU).

In older threads some said that maybe the fuel Pump and the lines could not cope with it. What kind of big Bosch Pump (like the 044) is OK with Ethanol mixtures?
    where are these lines on the RS2? The small connection Lines between The Pump and the Still lines under the car and the small Connction Bits?

Car is original appart from Chip (for Gasoline).

Regards,

Vasilis
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Admins please remove it on the Wngine - ECU or Open Topic sections.

Sorry
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Moved for you
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Not sure any Bosch pump would be ok in the long term as they are not intended to run e85, have you noticed any gains in performance with the 50/50 mix.
        sigpic

Comment

I dint have the Opportunity to give it a go because i was in the city centre. I have noticed immediately a smoother idle.

I have also read that the major fuel company use ethanol in order to raise their octane ratings.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

But are you mixing 50% gasoline and 50% E85??? If it is, you are having about 65% of gasoline runing in your engine and just a 35% of ethanol... Problems with a non ready car for E85 start when you arrive to more than 50 or 60% of ethanol. Be careful and keep telling us about your conversion! It is very interesting! Take care
            - Looking for a S2
            - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
            - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Hi, right now i have 50% Gasoline and 50% Ethanol . So it is something like E50 not E85.

Problem is i dont have EGT meter in the car.
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

OK if the car is cold (all night standing) then at ca. 5 Celcius it starts with the second try. But idle is emediately very good. I think it goes better with the Ethanol mix but i need better weather to confirm this. Now it is cold and i dont get the usual Boost.

Are there any known problem with Ethanol on our Audis and Fueltank-fuel lines corrosion (or plastik damage)?
                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Leaving a small amount of ethanol in the tank over a long period without using the car will cause corrosion, with the levels of e85 you are using Billman i dont see a problem, without tuning the car to run e85 you may get a better result with a 70% gasolene and 30% e85 mix, i talked to Zlobo about this he seems to be really clued up on running e85, also have a look on Motorgeeks, alot of the guys over in the states run
                  e85.
                  sigpic

Comment

what AFR targets do y0ou have for E85. 8:1 on boost?

Comment

10:1 to 13:1 on WOT but it depends, e85 is cut with very poor petrol so optimum AFR changes with every tank full.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X