Green Light Insurance good news !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Light Insurance good news !

Had my renewal come trough from admiral.

£733 tpft

Ive been with them for 5 years, no claims whatsoever and I'm now officially old (25)

I was not happy, so a gave Green Light a go and this is the email i got back.

Dear Mr Scott

Having received and referred your quotation to our Underwriters we are able to offer you the following quotation in respect of your Audi 80 s2 avant

Your quotation reference is: WWW*****

Comprehensive cover with a £300 Accidental Damage, Fire and Theft excess

The Endorsements that apply are listed below:
    -24 hour claims assistance service, including a courtesy car provision
    -£100,000 legal expenses/solicitors' fee cover (solicitor must be pre-approved)
    1. Modification friendly insurer (like for like cover on modified parts)
    2. Optional Track day cover (per event basis, please contact us for full details)
    3. Guaranteed 14 day hire car in event of Theft/Total loss (write off)
    4. Courtesy Car provided by Approved repairer for duration of repairs
    5. £500 Stereo cover
    6. Unlimited windscreen cover (£60 excess) - approved repairer must be used
    7. Free foreign travel (green cards) for up to 90 days per annum
    8. Boomerang Tag Key loss protection (£1500 towards replacement locks)

This quote is subject to the vehicle being fitted with a Thatcham level 1 or 2 security device.

Estimated premium: £497.70 (inc insurance premium tax at 5%) based upon the details provided by you and with yourself only driving.

Many thanks for your enquiry, your indication premium will be held for 21 days (if you need to take up the policy after 21 days, please contact us quoting your reference and we will reconfirm your quotation without the need for you to complete another online quote form).

It gets better :

Protected no claims no extra cost
    Agreed value no extra cost
    All mods declared

Apart from the thatcham rubbish this could not be better, but the £££ I have saved more than pay for a top notch alarm (cheers Jamo for the heads up on who to use)

Admiral can go forth and multiply.
    Last edited by rj scotty; 26 November 2007, 23:07.
    sigpic
    "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
    BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
    1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
    2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Think I might give them a call when mine comes up, what did they value your car at?

Comment

£5500 is there top price for the s2 avant, which is less than I paid but just about acceptable if the unthinkable should ever happen.

cheers

rich
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rj scotty View Post

£733 tpft

Ive been with them for 5 years, no claims whatsoever and I'm now officially old (25)

Dear Mr Scott

Having received and referred your quotation to our Underwriters we are able to offer you the following quotation in respect of your Audi 80 s2 avant

2. Optional Track day cover (per event basis, please contact us for full details)
        5. £500 Stereo cover

This quote is subject to the vehicle being fitted with a Thatcham level 1 or 2 security device.

Estimated premium: £497.70 (inc insurance premium tax at 5%) based upon the details provided by you and with yourself only driving.

Many thanks for your enquiry, your indication premium will be held for 21 days (if you need to take up the policy after 21 days, please contact us quoting your reference and we will reconfirm your quotation without the need for you to complete another online quote form).

It gets better :

All mods declared

Apart from the thatcham rubbish this could not be better, but the £££ I have saved more than pay for a top notch alarm (cheers Jamo for the heads up on who to use)

Ok,

Car insurance renewal came through in post from Adrian Flux with the following:

Myself (30) & Partner (24) on the policy...

Fully Comp
        £350 Excess
        9 Years Protected No Claims
        Locked Garage Overnight
        Cat 1 Alarm System
        Legal Cover

£850!!!!!!!!!!

Got ont'net and found several cheaper quotes, one being Admiral for £388 & as above. Just under £500 cheaper. Called Mr.Flux who has a "Find a cheaper deal & we''ll beat it guaranteed". Great I thought. Mr.Flux logged into my quote on Admiral website & called me back to say "Hmmm, they have hammered us there". He then spoke to his boss who gave me the policy as above for a straight £380.

PAYS TO SHOP AROUND...
        Missing her lots!

Comment

Sounds like most insurance companies are bumping up renewals this year!
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

you people are getting skanked! I got a quote for a stock S2 before i bought my CQ,

£421 FC protected (25yrs, 7 years NCB) from Sainsburys
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by neebover View Post
              Got ont'net and found several cheaper quotes, one being Admiral for £388 & as above. Just under £500 cheaper. Called Mr.Flux who has a "Find a cheaper deal & we''ll beat it guaranteed". Great I thought. Mr.Flux logged into my quote on Admiral website & called me back to say "Hmmm, they have hammered us there". He then spoke to his boss who gave me the policy as above for a straight £380.
              It's amazing how it's possible when they need it to be isn't it
              1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
              2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
              1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Geez.. i guess i REALLY pay the price for being young and inexperienced!
                S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Green Light Insurance with agreed value?
                  Are you sure. They never use to do agreed value policies, only like for like especially where it came to modifications.
                  Insurance is a nightmare for me. AF are now the ONLY company that will quote on my car with an agreed value (£25000). THis includes HIC who have now been taken over by AF anyway.
                  If anyone knows of any companies that would do AV policy on highly modded cars, information m,ost welcome.
                  Cheers
                  Chris
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Yep agreed value, had to send pictures in and all sorts

cheers

rich
                    sigpic

Comment

Hmmmmm... interesting. Ok, will have to call them around renewal time.
                      Cheers
                      CHris
                      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rj scotty View Post

£733 tpft

Dear Mr Scott

5. £500 Stereo cover

It gets better :

All mods declared

UPDATE !

Finally got my policy documents through and to my surprise 3rd party extension is on the certificate Can drive any private car thats lent to me

cheers

rich
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X