Head scrstcher for techheads Audi A8 W12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head scrstcher for techheads Audi A8 W12

I know its not an S2, but there are some clever people on here and I'm hoping one of you can help. We have a 54 plate A8 W12 here and I can not get the ignition lights to come up at all. I have the key. It was in a flood and a few electrical boxes were knackered I have replaced these. The problem is with no ignition lights there is no VAG COM and with no VAG COM I'm working blind.

Ideas Anyone?

have you checked all the relays mate
    1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
    2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
    3. H & R SPRINGS
    4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
    5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
    6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
    7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
    8. fmic fitted

Comment

It most likely in deep sleep.

Comment

Is the battery still working ?
        Have you checked fuses ?
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Have checked all fuses and relays most of which have power. The battery is fine. I don't think it is in sleep mode because VAG COM should be able to de-activate it

Comment

I had a similar problem with the S3... which turned out to be one of the 50 or 100 Amp fuses on top of the battery... I checked them three times and it didnt look gone, but when they were bridged all was good! So a new one and hey presto! They are held in place with 8 or 10mm nuts iirc.

Le Mans 2012
            Nurburgring 700
            1995 S2 Avant

Comment

yeah sounds like u have lost a main live.
              What are the earth points like at the bottom of the a pillers like
              could also be a CAN fault from power suppy control unit if there is a wet CAN connection will play up real bad

Comment

I'd love to come and have a tinker around with this one.. just my cup of tea. Shame I'm so far away.
                1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
                2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
                1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Thats what I thought at first, now its beginning to do my head in, The main fuses are fine and everything that should be getting power seems to be getting it I'm wondering if the ignition switch has shorted because it just seems like it doesnt recognise the key, even though it was well above the flood level

Comment

you

have changed all that was in the flood?? how high did it reach??
                    You can wake the ecu up with, holding the foot on the brake pedal, while reading with the vas 5051 or 5052, this wakes the system up, or flash the highbeam.
                    japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
                    www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

what control units are under the carpets

Comment

well

you have the control unit for the transmission, useally on the passenger side, and the electronics box on the driver side.
                        japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
                        www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Working...
                        X