Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling organs

Hi all

I have been thinking and my car is costing me so much in fuel at the moment every other day im putting at least £30 ( which doesnt get you much V-power anymore and i refuse to put that other crap in it anymore) in and today had to help a mate out and drive 250 miles and has cost me nearly 60 quid in fuel (ok it was a very quick 250 miles) its really gettin me down dont get me wrong i love my audi everyone comments on how nice it is but dont know how much longer i can afford to run it and this time of year doesnt really help. may take it off the road for a bit and get something cheap. really dont wanna have to sell it.

Had a spare 20 mins the other day so went and took some pics to cheer me up

buy an old diesel crapper.....mine costs 15 quid a week in fuel you will appreciate using the audi as well then

Comment

Dan, i love your car dont sell it ffs!
      Chef

Comment

Dan get yourself a diesel for the weekdays mate ....I got the A4 for £1500 off ebay runs on fresh air just about compared to the others and i am getting 50mpg out of her most of the time (saved me a fortune)
        93 S2 Avant Parting
        91 URQ RR
        02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

same with me, at the moment i have a 300bhp S2 daily driver and my pockets and savings have been depleated some what.
          but i'd rather write her off than see anybody else own her
          so a derv it is

Comment

Dont sell your car man!! - Just buy another cheap daily runner.

Go on! you know it makes sense..
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Ditto ALL the above comments! Get an old sh!tter and the S2 feels even more special and incredible when you do drive it!
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I'm unofficially looking for an old 80 TDi of some sort - I'm gonna be off the road a few weeks with some major surgery on the S2 and the cost of fuel is killer. Based on the mileage I do (not much) I could probably have a £700 diesel pay for itself in 6-9 months.

Paul
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I bought a vw polo (97-R) 1.9sdi classic (saloon) for £523 off e:bay for the other half & tbh we use that as the day car & keep S2 special.
                  Retuns over 50mpg so get the best of both worlds & is great around town.
                  Don't sell the S2 you will regret it, such a fine example as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                    Ditto ALL the above comments! Get an old sh!tter and the S2 feels even more special and incredible when you do drive it!
                    this is a very good comment....when you have another car in the side...like i do,you realy feel special when you drive it.....more then you drive it everyday.
                    Polarsilber Rs2 1994

Comment

Wow - I had no idea the Polo came with that 1.9 PD engine... Interesting alternative there alright - must keep my eyes peeled - maybe an Estate option would be good as well as the S2 Coupe isn't the most toddler friendly car for carting kids and tons of gear around.

Paul
                      Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Lpg
                        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                          Wow - I had no idea the Polo came with that 1.9 PD engine... Interesting alternative there alright - must keep my eyes peeled - maybe an Estate option would be good as well as the S2 Coupe isn't the most toddler friendly car for carting kids and tons of gear around.

Paul
                          Can recomend the polo as is very, um how can i put it aa woman friendly being small,
                          also do an estate but very sought after, saloon is not & you get split foldig rear seats.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
                            Lpg
                            Good in theory, but costs a LOT to convert (more than price of an 80TDi or PoloSDi for sure) and you have that mahoosive tank in the boot - totally impractical for my taste.
                            Paul Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
                              Lpg
                              Looked into this, and decided against it myself (not saying it isn't or can't be appropriate). All of the things I might have wanted to convert to LPG (e.g. Jag 3.2, A6 2.4/2.6/2.8) would have returned MPG figures which would have put the fuel cost pretty much on a par with a 50MPG diesel - something like a Leon TDi etc.

Very seriously looking at this myself at the moment: thinking about an old A4 TDi (or possibly an older A6 2.5 TDi) at one end of the scale, and at the other end a Leon FR TDi 150 chipped to 180 :mischeif:

Ck.
                              Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Working...
                              X