Cant find a topic about increasing intake pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant find a topic about increasing intake pipe

Sorry guys but I cant find that topic anymore where one member went to dyno with his car and got one number but when he changed intake pipe from turbo to cooler (to 3") he got more than 30hp more. Can anybody remember what topic it was? Any help?

Thanks,

Marko

Originally posted by |Maku| View Post
    Sorry guys but I cant find that topic anymore where one member went to dyno with his car and got one number but when he changed intake pipe from turbo to cooler (to 3") he got more than 30hp more. Can anybody remember what topic it was? Any help?

Thanks,

Marko
    Marko,

IMO there would not be much point unless you are running a hybrid turbo such as a garret, The rest of the inlet track will stick be original size and the throttle body will always be a bottle neck unless you go for a larger custom one?

Whats your set up and whats your goals?

Cheers James
    Chef

Comment

Terry, question isnt about my car. I need that information for my research. But yes, I have hybrid turbo on my RS2.

Comment

Originally posted by |Maku| View Post
        Terry, question isnt about my car. I need that information for my research. But yes, I have hybrid turbo on my RS2.
        Ok thats fine...

Have you looked into the venturi effect?

Heres a calculator for it, http://www.pipeflowcalculations.com/venturi/index.htm
        Chef

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Working...
          X