What a kak car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a kak car...

Had to rent a car for a biztrip this week with the ongoing works on the old S2 taking longer and costing much more than I'd liked. Gawd I cant wait to get her back on the road... I had a ferkin Renault Clio 1.2 - with an English 07 plate - not always a great thing driving round Dublin... Some fecker in a Skoda with Donegal plates tried to side-swipe me on the M1 cos I clearly upset him when I overtook him totally legitimately.

It has the snatchiest brake pedal ever - just rubbish... Sitting at 5000rpm in 5th screaming away to make any decent progress on the motorway. Uncomfortable, fiddly and odd ergonomics. Just kak... Its only saving grace was a lot less understeer than a S2 but then it weighs less than a frog and my butt cheeks generate more torque when applying power out of a corner.

Gotta get zee old vorsprung express mobile again at the weekend. Just gotta get the refurbished hubs on, new outer CV boots done and all the running gear bolts torqued up... and put the bumper and undertray back on and I'm done (failing any disasters). Oh and refit the front brakes - they might be handy

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Renault, Say no more mate, my wife had one but soon got rid, i still don't know why we bought it (cheep run about i suppose) as we've always had vw/audi.
    We had hell "n" all problems with stupid central locking/immob, to the point where it locked her out after filling up on a garage forecourt, attendant end up pushing car out of way of pumps.
    The remote sensor is in sunroof center console, roof leaked center console full of water & i don't need to explain the rest.
    Absolute Sh*te every thing you seem to touch either fell apart or stopped working.
    We now have an older but imho a far superior VW polo, with no problems what so ever.

Renault rant over.
    sigpic

Comment

I went from a 1.2 clio to my s2, at about the same time Ross went from a 400bhp s2 to my clio

Mine is a 2003 model, and is really just an expensive go-kart. That said, i did have the "sport" pack with the upgraded interior and seats so cornering and longer journeys wernt *THAT* bad

I should be getting it back off Ross within the next few weeks, cant wait to have a run down some local roads foot pinned to the floor permanently, shifting at 6000+rpm to get the thing anywhere!
      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

snap

just taken back a 1.2 clio hire car while my workhorse vectra has had a new box fitted.i liked driving it because you could drive over any pothole or speedbump at any required speed,mainly because it wasn't mine and because the suspension was so soft.this is how soft it was.when i put the window down and let go of the button the car would wobble slightly.when the wipers were one,yep you've guessed it,the car wobbled.

Comment

Working...
        X