X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help on AA recovery

Hello hello!

I've got a slight issue, and was hoping someone from hre would know a bit more about the situtation than myself...

One of my cars is insured with the AA, fully com, with recovery included...

I want to get another car from near Yorkshire to my home. Issue is that car is not mine yet, its been declared off road with no MOT or tax... I'm hoping to purchase it tomorrow, but it's not really driveable and thats without it being without tax and Mot..

It might seem like a stupid question, but will the AA recover that car home for me? Bare in mind its declared off road, no tax, no MOT, and not yet on my name. I will be with the car with Log book in hand if needs be...

Some quick help from you gents, and ladies would be appreciated a great deal.

Harry
    F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
    1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Originally posted by Legend20vT View Post
    Hello hello!

I've got a slight issue, and was hoping someone from hre would know a bit more about the situtation than myself...

One of my cars is insured with the AA, fully com, with recovery included...

I want to get another car from near Yorkshire to my home. Issue is that car is not mine yet, its been declared off road with no MOT or tax... I'm hoping to purchase it tomorrow, but it's not really driveable and thats without it being without tax and Mot..

It might seem like a stupid question, but will the AA recover that car home for me? Bare in mind its declared off road, no tax, no MOT, and not yet on my name. I will be with the car with Log book in hand if needs be...

Some quick help from you gents, and ladies would be appreciated a great deal.

Harry
    I considered this stunt with bringing back my CQ from Somerset in September, but a mate tried a similar stunt a couple of months previously and the recovery guy sussed it straight away... rusty disc's, sabotaged fuel pump etc... They're not silly.
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
      I considered this stunt with bringing back my CQ from Somerset in September, but a mate tried a similar stunt a couple of months previously and the recovery guy sussed it straight away... rusty disc's, sabotaged fuel pump etc... They're not silly.
      LOL

The car is pretty much okay exterior wise, it might have a dodgy pipe somewhere causing starting problems, other than that would they pick up a car without tax mot and declared off? The car doesnt looks to be in shape if it helps..
      And thanks for the quick reply fella

Comment

I think they will spot the lack of tax straight away.... prob not worth the risk
        '93 S2 Coupe

Comment

have tried getting a quote for transporting the car to you??....I know it sounds kind of a stupid question but it may prove cheaper than you think....having looked at getting a car transported over a similar distance....
          worth a go...

Comment

I'm pretty certain they won't touch it with a barge pole I'm afraid to say, I know someone who tried something similar, the guy from AA took one look at it, laughed and got back in his truck. The car, needless to say, stayed exactly where it was.

http://forum.funk-hq.com | http://www.no-rice.com
            twolitreturbooctaviavrs - '07 Skoda Octavia vRS - E.R.V.
            It might not be a 5 pot or an S2... but at least I have a 20v Turbo in my life again.

Comment

Thanks chaps, appreciated, yeah i've looked into gettin it recovered from independant guys and tbh asked a bit much for my liking..thats the AA option out the window then
              Thanks again
              Thread may be closed now, i've got my answer

Comment

I know this isnt exactly the politicaly correct way or anything but have you thought they cant really check the mot so take the disc from another car it's unlikley they look closer enough to check the reg. Obviously this isnt advice from me it's just what ive heard works on the grapevine .
                Depends how far you taking it, i had mine taken 30 miles for not much more than 80 quid, not too expensive but better than towing it, otherwise best bet is to rent a trailer. you can get one for about £45 for the weekend from good places.
                Good Luck, a slightly tipsy Michael

Comment

Lots of places dont do trailers, i know i tried hiring one plus a towing vehicle.

If you get stopped, and checked, the trailer and car will be staying put until you turn up with a proper vehicle to tow trailer (1 ton) + car (1.5 tons) = f.ing big vechicle!

Hire a flat bed and drive it yourself.
                  Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Hi Harry

I know you have your answer and possibly closing the thread, but I have to let you know my experiences.
                    I run a small internet car sourcing company and i'm always bringing cars back from auction to my place (approx 40mls) on trade plates.
                    In the last year 3 vehicles have let me down. I am with the RAC personally, and each time the car has obviously not been taxed.
                    Now, rightly or wrongly (the latter is the odds on fav!) I stash my trade plates and have (3 times!) sold them the song that I have just purchased the car and not even got it home to tax it, bloody dealers! I have never had any other documentation with me, but as a precaution you could fabricate a purchase order and/or have your insurance cover note with you....you know, make it seem like you were taxing the car on your way home! But trust me, I have never needed this much detail, just a good reason that the car can not be fixed there and then.
                    Now I know this is not morally right but it works.
                    Kind regards
                    Ritch

Comment

Thread closed as requested.....
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                      X