My Skiing trip in the RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Skiing trip in the RS2

Wanted to take my RS2 for a long blast for ages. So managed to find a set of the ugly snow wheels and tyres needed for the trip.
    Fitted these and removed cup lip splitter (didn't need my own snow plow).
    27122007013.jpg
    Having had a few PAS pump issues before the trip (one failed after 30 miles) I set off with another new GSF pump installed.
    Three up, loads of ski gear.
    No problems on the way there. Won every Payage grand prix! Spins all wheels as turbo kicks in thats with the skinney snow tyres!
    Arrived in La Plagne no aches or pains, I do love those Recaros!
    Rob..
    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
    87 UR 20v ABY
    97 S6 Avant
    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

The trip back was another story.
    Fecking GSF pump failed on the payage 40 miles into the return trip! shaft seal failed again and pissed allover everything! smoke stink the lot!
    Limped to the next filling station.
    Then VERY pleased with myself for taking my old noisey pump and a load of tools, started fitting the old pump.
    Next thing Dutch Volvo pulls up door opens and smack straight onto my rear arch!!!!!
    Ever wanted to catch the shister who does such a trick? My wife went ape shiit!! poor tossas, I half felt sorry for them after ten minutes of her shouting at them!
    Fitted pump, very carefull not to drop the banjo washers!
    Remember its 0 degrees, not happy!
    Drove the rest of the way all ok. Managed 30 mpg for a while, then went alot faster! 22mpg.
    Well impressed with the skinney tyres, fantastic in the monsoon in northern France!
    29122007014.jpg
    KEEP AWAY FROM GSF OR EURO PARTS PAS PUMPS!
    Last edited by GT500; 12 January 2008, 18:28.
    Rob..
    87 UR 20v ABY
    97 S6 Avant

Comment

07012008040.jpg
      In need of a well earned wash!
      Rob..
      87 UR 20v ABY
      97 S6 Avant

Comment

looking good Rob,any more pics whilst at the resort? I want to do the same sort of trip but will be next year now, how long was the drive from Dover?
        Porsche Cayenne Turbo
        http://community.webshots.com/user/tornadoquattro100

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=661477270

Comment

No more pics, it then went into the underground par cark. Didn't fancy a load of snow sat on it!
          Calis to resort was around 8.5 hours, Have done it in 7 but that was 120 all the way in the UR plus it depends on how many PAS pumps you need to change mid journey
          Forgot to say our lass had a small fall on the last morning and broke her thumb, its now in pot and I am having to cut up her tea! left hand and she's left handed..
          30122007015.jpg
          Rob..
          87 UR 20v ABY
          97 S6 Avant

Comment

Fantastic Rob, these cars should be driven..... Especially in the snow (one day I hope

Shame about the arch. Much damage???

Mines been the skate wagon all year with 4/5 6ft + skaters hitting parks all over the country. Birmingham tomorrow! The more you drive them the more you just want to keep it forever!

Get those 18's back on then
            Sherv (Dan)

S5 with all the goodies
            SOLDRS2 Volcano Black RHD 55k

Comment

18s will be back on asap, after a small refub.
              Arch has a chip but thankfully not a dent. should touch up.
              Rob..
              87 UR 20v ABY
              97 S6 Avant

Comment

Snow looks good I havent skied for years and to be honest i would just love the drive and a bit of a look around
                Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Comment

Lucky man, i would love to drive my coupe down there, just to enjoy the roads

Did you enjoy the road up from Aime to la plagne? Got a couple of sections of switchbacks which are great fun. Coming down on chains is less so though....

definately steering clear of those pumps too, what a nightmare....before our A6 coolant mystery was solved, every peage we had to chuck another litre of coolant into the header - expensive hobby!!!
                  Cheers
                  David
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Ha ha yes David, great road that!
                    Had two knobs in a big Merc up my chuff, flashing and indicating going up that road.
                    Traffic cleared, dropped to 4th and nailed it! pulled in and waved the them by, but they where miles back! Funny they didn't try it again!
                    Thats how you spell peage! couldn't remember..
                    Should have seen the looks at our first peage after replacing the pump, still loads of smoke billowing out from under bonnet!
                    Rob..
                    87 UR 20v ABY
                    97 S6 Avant

Comment

That looks like an epic trip and I'm really bl**dy jealous! Really, really want to take the UrS4 to the Alps for a snow trip but the costs are so huge ... tyres, fuel, ferries, tolls, etc.

Not all bad though. Just booked a week in Livigno for next weekend .. flights, transfer & accommodation for ÂŁ129. Snow conditions look fantastic, especially compared to this time last year. Can't wait!!!
                      2005 Skoda Fabia vRS
                      1993 100 S4 Saloon (resting)

Comment

Good job you had the old pump with you Rob. I guess you didn't trust the second replacement pump either.
                        BTW, do you guys mean péage?
                        SS

Comment

yup BTDT when my PAS blew a seal at the entrance road to the Ring.....sprayed everywhere, smoke shooting out and that Goo is like sheet ice on the road

Hmmm, now an S2 Forum road trip/ski holiday would be a riot
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Hmmm, now an S2 Forum road trip/ski holiday would be a riot [/QUOTE]

Now thats sound a good idea
                            Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                              Hmmm, now an S2 Forum road trip/ski holiday would be a riot
                              I'd be up for that! We could even keep it simple and have a blast up in Scotland over a weekend - it's meant to be the best conditions they've had for a while. I'm no pro skier though.

Anyone want to swap a black quattro rear seat that has the through ski bag for one that doesn't (plus cash)???
                              David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X