No announcement yet.

Most frustrating tinkering on the S2..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most frustrating tinkering on the S2..

So today i spend several hours and lost a lot of sweat and blood trying to remove the Servotronic power steering rack from my other S2.

Breaking in mind that its missing an engine and most of the stuff in front of it it was still near to impossible to remove the ******....

I was so close to losing my nut and letting out some taurean rage but luckily for it after another hour or so it came out..

All i thought was - Jokes on you now Mother ******

Anyway no that i got that of my mind (sorry about the language)

Whats the most unrewarding difficult job you have ever done on the S2?
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

That indeed is a b*tch of a job!
    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
    High Octane website

Comment

i removed the steering rack on my ex 1.9 tdi, but the engine was in. battery tray was up left, and oil filter near, shitload of wires, and AC pipes all in the way. major PITA.
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Nice work Bo, Taurean rage sounds pretty scary
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

ahhhh yes, the joy of a servo rack removal BTDT. Where did you get stuck with it? siezed/rounded hex head bolts in the drivers side wheel arch.....or trying to remove the rubber boot on the firewall, or possibly getting something into those two huge nuts on the firwall ???

Tell you what though, it is soooooo worth the swearing once you finish it

Most unrewarding job on an S2 to date....hmmmm wishbone bush removal, trying to remove inner driveshaft cv's from the rear diff flanges, deciding an odd sprung wire wasn;t needed after all on the rear diff oil seal for it then to pee fluid out 18hrs before a ring trip and all time classic of trying to separate the downpipe from the y for the cats
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

That servo rack is a total swine. Well done for extracting it and putting it to death!
            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Its not too bad a job just a PITA to get at when you first look at it the little rubber hose which feeds the water to turbo under the power steering pump and inlet manifold

Cheers Raj

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                Owning the bloody thing

Comment

Replace exhaust downpipe. Replace main radiator ( with aircon). Remove towbar ( previous owner - honest ! ). First ever front bumper removal to do Mark H mod.

Comment

Heater core in the dash, i sold my Audi 80 to avoid doing that again
                    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

loading it on the back of a low loader to
                      be scrapped
                      1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
                      2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
                      3. H & R SPRINGS
                      4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
                      5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
                      6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
                      7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
                      8. fmic fitted

Comment

CV boot change that turned into a CV JOINT change when the joint decided to self destruct and spill its marbles all over the garage floor....

Don't even start me off about the downpipe and cat on my Audi 80 sport. I think I have been through 4 Cats and been under the car a dozen times......

Cheers,

Steve.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I've not yet had a job on the S2 that was as annoying, time consuming and downright tiring as removing the air-spring/strut assembly from the front of the A6 allroad - its like the A4 at front with two jointed upper arms that link onto the hub carrier with one long bolt that cruds up with water and dirt ingress - took two of us an afternoon to shift that thing out - ended up having drill it out *very* carefully. Both sides were bad.

Paul
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                            So today i spend several hours and lost a lot of sweat and blood trying to remove the Servotronic power steering rack from my other S2.

Breaking in mind that its missing an engine and most of the stuff in front of it it was still near to impossible to remove the ******....

I was so close to losing my nut and letting out some taurean rage but luckily for it after another hour or so it came out..

All i thought was - Jokes on you now Mother ******

Anyway no that i got that of my mind (sorry about the language)

I warned you Bo.

My steering rack was a little tricky, but it still took less than 5 minutes to get it back in.
                            SS

Comment

Jobs on the S2 are normally ok, once you learn what to move to get to get to certain parts.
                              Fixing 2 snapped exhaust manifold studs on my cq20v, with head in situ was a PITA.
                              I'm not sure which I dislike most on the A3 or S3, doing the cambelt, of fixing another broken clutch pedal.
                              SS

Comment

Working...
                              X