Lasers on Audi R8 advert ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasers on Audi R8 advert ?

Just wondering on the Audi R8 advert they dim the lights and these red lasers look as though they are measuring parts of the car, is this just for show or do they actual do something ?
    '95 ABY Avant - Sold
    '98 B5 S4 -MRC400+ = 464ps 741nm

I am personally not convinced that "studio" is a real manufacturing area. I suspect them may have an area like that with lasers for Quality Control, but I am not sure.

Perhaps someone with more car manufacturing experience will be along to put us straight...

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I thought that was more for the security at night?

I know in honda i've never seen any lasers being used on the actual production line when I worked there?

Comment

That is just a set built for the advert, but manufactuers do have large CMM, co-ordinate measuring machines, though these are generally used on chassis before panels are applied to check that they are with in tolerances.. Though on a topend car they may measure the panels seems excessive to me though.
        HTH Michael

Comment

The advert is most definitely a set (there is a making of video somewhere that is very good) but I think the above poster is probably right and it's probably just to create a spectacle for the advert.
          1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
          2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
          1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Making of here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6RHEXIeSjU
            1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
            2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
            1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X