No announcement yet.

9pm BBC1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha ! did you know you can win one in the daily star tomorrow .

Comment

Shame, missed it... Was it good then?

Watched Hit man the other day. Thats got some nice Audi action in it.. 4 Q7's and some sort of V8 too
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Surely it should have quad headlights if it's an '81?
        Enjoyed it but slightly underwhelmed at the moment - don't seem to have quite captured the early 80's feel like LOM portrayed the 70's - still, give it time.

Needs more period cars methinks!
        Nothing feels fast for long...
        sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

Comment

Missed it. Gutted.
          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by hiltoa View Post
            Surely it should have quad headlights if it's an '81?
            Apparently so. Also someone mentioned on another forum that RHD examples weren't available until '82 but I don't know about the accuracy of that comment.
            Last edited by shark_90; 8 February 2008, 10:33. Reason: Wrong model name!
            1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
            2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
            1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Confirmed here: http://www.quattroownersclub.com/quattro_file.htm

Dan - it is available on BBC iplayer for the next 7 days
              1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
              2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
              1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by That Gene bloke
                "Lets fire up the quattro..."

Quite enjoyed it myself. Lots of dodgy 80s music, Cortina police cars (I got worryingly excited ) and the quattro. It's RHD and not quad lamp but who cares, a bit of artistic license has to be allowed, the one that have is beautiful. I also rather enjoyed the large amounts of screen time taken up by the bird in the stockings and red stillettos...
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Stockings, red stilettos and an Audi, what more does a man want! I'll check it out on iPlayer this weekend...

Comment

Well I enjoyed a couple of bottles of beer along with the aforementioned. It doesn't get much better than that
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by shark_90 View Post
                      Apparently so. Also someone mentioned on another forum that RHD examples weren't available until '82 but I don't know about the accuracy of that comment.
                      That is correct. First examples were LHD with the Twin Headlamp set-up. The first RHD examples were conversions by David Sutton and the first official RHD imports from Audi in 1982 were also Twin Headlamp versions. These versions also had an analogue dash. The first digital dash version came out in 1984 along with the wider 8" Ronal wheels among other things.

Have to say I'm not a fan of the Mars Red colour but on screen it looks much better than I was expecting (certainly better than the photos of it I've seen)

Some people have commented on how confusing the storyline was. Well, I think you would have to have seen Life on Mars to get that aspect. For me, being an old fart, I was in my late teens in 1981, so I can relate to lots of the of the period quirks and humor written into the script. I think it's Great!

More appearances from the quattro in later episodes I'm told, included a trip to the parts shop!!!!! That should be interesting, I bet they had NLA even then!
                      95 S2 Avant Ming Blue - now gone and sorley missed:cry:
                      2001 B5 RS4 Santorin Blue - MRC'd - now here:chit:
                      88 Ur MB Quattro -Pearl White - The daddy!:cool:

Classic S2 Avant billboard ad - "My other car's a Porsche, but today I'm in a hurry"

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b View Post
                        Missed it. Gutted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/it...n_pid=b008y6gv

Comment

i was quite impressed for a BBC show - quite a funny script, if a little curious plot.

"Not a bad idea for bird"
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

A bit more of whats to come...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRNCwlHblCM

I see they have a de lorean making an appearance!
                            '93 S2 Coupe

Comment

I think if you HPI the plate you will find it is a Datsun Sunny?

I did think she spent rather a lot of time wearing the under cover "gear" not that I complained.
                              sigpic

Comment

Downloaded on BBC iPlayer and watched it last night - excellent! I was a huge fan of Life on Mars, which this is a sort of sequel to, so really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Loved the undercover outfit, more of that please! I couldn't help noticing how well-polished the quattro was too, really nice and shiny, good work whoever was detailing it!

Comment

Working...
                                X