Fake RS2 exhaust manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake RS2 exhaust manifolds

Just a quick note to beware of fake RS2 exhaust manifolds being supplied by "www_amt-parts_at" on ebay.de. The manifolds have all the correct casting marks and part numbers but the quality of the internal surfaces, in particular the collector, and the offset stud holes for the wastgate gave it away when they were delivered.

Having bought two of these and finding them to be fakes and asking politely for a refund from the seller, which was declined rather rudely, I had to put my faith in the paypal claims procedure.

The claim procedure was quite strung out, but after proving that the parts were fakes, with the freely given help of Martyn at VAGPARTS, and then confirming that the parts had been destroyed, paypal recovered my payment in full (with a small exchange rate profit!)

And to cap it all I recieved a nice email from the seller today......

Good Morning!

You want all the Money from the Manifolds back???
    No problem, but i want this both Manifolds back!!

When you sent me the manifolds i will pay all the money back!

Krainer Jürgen

Are you going to send him the pieces??
    Rob..
    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
    87 UR 20v ABY
    97 S6 Avant
    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

No they have been destroyed as per paypals instructions of course, so i can't!

Comment

Nice to hear that Paypal were good for their word.

You could always send the seller a bag of broken manifold bits, or a re-smelted manifold in the shape of 'the bird'.

Comment

not even the remains? would love to see his reaction!
          Rob..
          94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
          87 UR 20v ABY
          97 S6 Avant
          96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
          1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Thats nice that Paypal gives you the money back
            was it not written in the advert that they were not original RS2 manifolds?
            and was the price not that low that you could know that they were fake?
            RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

There was nothing in the description to say they were fakes and the advert was designed to mislead. The sellers response to paypal was that "he nowhere stated that they were original". My response was "that there was no mention of them being fakes and the fact that they have factory casting marks and part numbers on them means they are designed to deceive" They were obviously cheaper that VAG sell the parts for but not that cheap that you would immediately think fake.

Comment

Interestingly when i phoned VAG UK they were not interested in this as "the parts were not supplied by an authorised dealer". You would have thought that VAG would be interested in eradicating fake parts from the market but apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by markrs2 View Post
                  Interestingly when i phoned VAG UK they were not interested in this as "the parts were not supplied by an authorised dealer". You would have thought that VAG would be interested in eradicating fake parts from the market but apparently not.

thinking of that you can get almost every part on your car aftermarket .
                  RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

Yes but they do not have audi casting marks or part numbers. It is this that makes them fake parts rather than aftermarket replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by markrs2 View Post
                      Surprised you didn't get the normal automated reply of 'Please hold, we are sorry for the delay while we count the massive wadges of cash we expect you to pay for genuine Audi parts from authorised dealer. We really appreciate your call and one of our staff will be with you shortly <kerching noise in the background>. Thank you for calling Audi UK'

Cut to music on hold 'beep-beep beep-beep beep-beep beep-beep go the horns in the cars in the street ' voiceover man comes in with 'Press 1 if you wish to order an Audi R8 today'.... 'We walked away from the lovers leap'

click
                      burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Where's my medication dear !
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                      X