New road taxes are here..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
    So - how will those of us with older cars that they have no clue of CO2 emissions fair in these new scheme then - I can't see that for looking. If we get tarred with the 'old therefore not green' card then I'll lead the revolution myself What this cannot do is force people out of older cars into buying new ones just to save tax - the environmental impact of NOT continuing to reuse these older cars is higher.

Car Tax *should* be based on how much you use the roads - not how much your car might generate pollutants... Lets see I do 2500 miles a year in my 15yr old S2 - no way that I am polluting more than someone in a greener car doing 10k miles a year - unless maybe its one of those ubergreen lean burning Polos or whatever.

The problem with taxing on mileage is that they somehow need to monitor usage, and that costs a bloody fortune, invades privacy and is open to abuse unless extremely high tech measures come into force.
    Dont we already pay tax on how much we use the roads?
    Its called fuel tax!

Comment

Another one that makes me laugh is the id cards you mentioned as they will stop terorrists apparently ..
      AS one bloke said we didnt have a problem finding out who they was and they would have still done what they done even if they had one so what is the point.

Comment

{Mini Rant.....}
        I left England for a number of reasons, alot of them all circle around the path it is on to screwing the honest hard working person to the wall and raping him of every spare penny he might earn. In 1945 ish for every 50 people working there was one claiming benefits, 1970ish for every 30 people working there was one claiming benefits, in 1990 for every 10 people working there was one claiming benefits, in 2000 for every 4 people working there was one claiming benefits---what do you think it is now??. (It is estimated 2.5-3.0/1)
        The only way to make the economy turn over is to keep ahead of the debt generated by the bludgers--I know there is some people who genuinely deserve to be on benefits, but there is alot more who dont. The way to stay ahead of this debt is to tax the working man, by any way possible. The year we left UK, the tax on the working man (who earns his pound-pays his tax, saves his pound-pays his tax, spends his pound-pays his tax) was at 49% (Australia is at 41%). So now it will be over the 50% mark. Plus you cant even put it away for an inherritance without being turned over by the govornment for 41% inheritance tax- TAXED TWICE FOR ENSURING YOUR CHILDREN HAVE A LITTLE ASSISTANCE IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!
        The wise man would move his money into an offshore account which would be in your childrens names with powers of atourney given to a few trust worthy people.
        The year i left for Oz 500,000 migrants came into England, of which a good 60% claimed assilum--(mainly bludgers), 250,000 British people left --tax paying people, leaving the people still working in the UK to pick up yet more tax.
        Also the year i left the state pension system which every worker pays into was 41 BILLION pound in defecit --It is reconned in 15-20 years it will be empty--so no state pension for anyone under 45 yr old . They blame it on the old getting older, but that is B0110ks.
        My wife's Grandad worked all his life in the steel works, fought in the war, got shot at and bombed at to save UK (Artillery transport vehicle--Moving bullseye), when he retired his pension from British steel every year ensured he earned between 15p and 30p too much to claim his state pension so he was actually on less than the state pension. If he never worked at all he would have had more. He died unable to heat his house as it was too expensive, he never had a penny spare, and got debt letters regularily. He was well and truely shafted hard by the UK and lived his last 20 years with nowt--as he said the hardest years of his life .
        It will always be home but it will have to do some serious turning around before i even think about going back.
        {Not so mini rant over }
        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Fair enough Graham.. Thats defiantly a good point you made there..

And like Madwolf said i don't think it stops here, this is just the begging boys.
          91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Graham makes a lot of valid points there... Makes me seriously wonder why I once emigrated, then came back, but I reckon if we'd gone down under we would have stayed there - instead of the USA which we grew tired of and thought was getting increasingly bonkers. What amazes me is how much the UK is becoming like the US in a lot of ways... This is getting way orf topic.
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

NZ here I come...
              Nothing feels fast for long...
              sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

Comment

The Parker's link now includes projections for the next 3 years. My 2003 registered v6, which was previously band F does indeed get re-classified as the new top band M, which means my car tax nearly doubles next year to the full £440, and increases again to £455 in 2010. That's daylight robbery, especially if the £25/day C-charge for top tax band cars goes through, not to mention the fuel duties on top of all that. Oh and of course my parking permit has doubled too because of the car I drive.

It now will cost me £350 more a year to keep my car on the road without even driving it a single mile.

Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

With the cost of living what it is it is why i work a 7 day week or a 30 day month
                  which ever way you look at it ,this generates surplus cash to give my family what
                  they need and to feed my interests ie S2s ,it is a crap existance i suppose but you
                  have to stay ahead of the game as the government tries to screw you down and
                  takes nearly everything from you ,its very annoying when you get off your ****
                  and try and make a better life for your selves < many dont> ie running a small
                  business or two you have to play cat and mouse with the tax man .
                  It would be much easier to claim benefits doss around all day drive uninsured
                  ect ect ect and then you would be left alone
                  sigpic

Comment

vote the mother fookers out
                    you never know the next lot might be a bit better
                    rs2315.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rs2315 View Post
                      vote the mother fookers out
                      you never know the next lot might be a bit better
                      rs2315.
                      Easier said than done. Its an attitude problem in this country. I have a mate who is intelligent, has a good job, drives a boxter. I asked him at last election who he was voting for he said " why labour of course, 'cos i always vote labour" !
                      I asked him if he thought they were doing a good job & that he was happy with all the things like taxes, crime, illegal wars, sleaze, speed cameras,nhs ... blah blah...
                      He said no of course not,but he wasnt going to vote for anyone else!
                      I asked if his car was broken, & he took it to his usual garage & they failed to fix it what would he do? "take it back of course"- yes, but how many times before you give another garage a chance?
                      To some voting is a loyalty thing like a football supporter- even if their team isnt doing well they could never support the rival team.

We are thinking about emigrating !

Comment

hey guys,

good thread, it certainly gets the blood boiling!

when are the government going to draw a line under the spiralling tax systems, not just road tax, but all the stealth taxes? this is their greedy downfall, and we are all paying the price.

i think Britain is a great country, and i'm proud to be British, but i wish it was run by the Germans sometimes!!

i am worried for the children if things keep going like this, they have no chance of a decent life unless things change.

thats my little rant over too. i'm off to pack the suitcases, get the visas sorted out!

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper of The Kitten View Post
                          Yes - and yes that is the same one which labour actually polled less votes than the opposition at. But the threat to change the result at the next election is how to keep the little ******s on their toes...

600 or so people shouldn't be allowed to control the affairs of over 60 million people.
                          In fact-Big Broon was NEVER voted into No10 if you remember, he only got there when Mr B liar left to go & save the plantet!

Comment

Working...
                          X