Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust numptys

Silly question maybe but when you take the s2 for a new downpipe fitting
    does the exhaust fitter remove the airbox ,i dont realy like the idea of some
    numpty with no idea of how they should be removed or refitted properly
    its tough enough when you have done it a dozen times ,do they also add
    new nuts\studs gaskets where nessesary do they carry the correct bits
    and bobs needed for a correct fitting ,i know this might sound silly
    sigpic

they should not need to but might remove it for one of the bolts that is a right pita to remove, iirc ross found this with jon when they did his car, they used a horseshoe shaped spanner to help out.

When I helped david (s2driveruk) do his we was still able to access the d/p with the airbox in place.

Would you not be able to remove it when you get there and just let them do the rest of the car and put it back afterwards?

Comment

yes i thought about removing myself will see what they have to say
      sigpic

Comment

You'll need to remove the airbox to get good access, subframe will more than likely have to be dropped too (Had this with the Milltek). Take out the airbox and put a cone filter straight on the MAF. It'll be fine to drive it to and from the exhaust place. Best disconnect the WGFV too so that they can't thrash it too hard!

I'd get the gaskets, studs, nuts, bolt and washers required just in case...
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Em, just wondering why you are trusting someone to fit you a new exhaust to your car if you aren't confident they are able to remore/refit your airbox

I know it can be a bit fiddly but presumably you are paying these guys for the work. If it isn't to your satisfaction, get em to do it again or find someone you do trust. Just a thought.
          Ragusa Coupe gone!
          sigpic
          VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
          VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
          vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

I dont trust anyone working on my car after the fiasco with the fitting of my H&Rs
            and somethings are a real pain to rectify just being cautious
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X