Golf tdi anything to look for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf tdi anything to look for

A friend of a friend has offered me his golf tdi on an x reg for £1700. Not seen the car in a couple of years. He told me there's a problem way the abs and the bonnet needs painted as it's badly scratched other than that needs a good service and valet. Car has been used as a bit of a work horse.
    Planning having a look at the car in the next couple of weeks, anything that i should be looking for that could be expensive to fix? I think for £1700 it's potential a good buy

vag com it to find the abs fault,may only be a sensor,good cars though generally

Comment

old engine oil, may be some ... the hydroilic lifters , may need change , and the camregister, may need change....its not for the homegarage to do...the front bearings, the worn out( they only bee noisy)

Comment

Vagcom it, check front wishbone rear bushes,(new wishbone is only £20), arb drop links, outer cv joints, maf sensor failure if the car feels sluggish(doesn't always show a fault code-disconnect and see if it picks up better-common fault after 80k).
        These are the most common faults with the mkiv tdi.
        HTH

Comment

Originally posted by dubmeister View Post
          Vagcom it, check front wishbone rear bushes,(new wishbone is only £20), arb drop links, outer cv joints, maf sensor failure if the car feels sluggish(doesn't always show a fault code-disconnect and see if it picks up better-common fault after 80k).
          These are the most common faults with the mkiv tdi.
          HTH
          sound will get vag com. I did the rear bushes 2 year ago (last time i saw /drove the car)

Comment

Working...
          X