X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to return to the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7306123.stm

At last, no adverts mid-race again!
    And hopefully the return of 'the chain'.
    John Bowlerwell
    Electronic Engineer

Present:
    Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
    Previous:
    Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
    Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Yep heard it this morning... boy im going to miss the ad breaks (not)
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

does it also herald the end of the road for James 'The ****' Allen too? Please pls pls silence the idiot

No more ads, no more C++k and no traction control...does it get any better for F1 fans?
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Sorry, but for me F1 ceased to be interesting, or even a sport, years ago, and no amount of licence-payers money is going to make me watch it again. I'd rather eat my own eyeballs.
        Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

have to say i thought the same until end of last season, some genuinely interesting races and hamiltons arrival meant a serious title contender rather thin the Chin Coolthud, Neverman Button etc doing the rounds without a chance of denting Ferrari etc. it would be all the better to get a manual box back in and 3 pedals so that the driver can really demonstrate balance, speed and control but no traction control and no engine breaking gimmicks can only be a plus imo
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

It would be more of a proper sporting competition if:

1. Bernie stopped interfering/died
            2. Max Moseley disappeared
            3. Artificial regulations that actually dissuade the need to race (all those drive-thru penalties for attempts to actually race for example) were removed
            4. Technical restrictions resulting in penalties (exploding gearboxes means 10place fine for example) were also removed
            5. All mid-week testing was banned so that teams have to do their race testing at the race weekends
            6. The system of qualifying that puts the fastest car at the front, therefore making any liklihood of any overtaking almost non-existent in the first place, is scrapped entirely (start the grid in reverse championship order)
            7. Teams that innovate technically are actually allowed to do so, rather than their bits being made illegal
            8. Customer teams should be allowed to buy and run faximile chassis of other cars
            9. Teams should be allowed to run 3 cars on the grid
            10. Ferarri's voting rights at the World Motor Sport Council should be removed

I could go on
            Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

and...

2 races in one day, with no new engines , gearboxes fitted...only sus. tweeking allowed.

Like the reverse order.
              Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X