Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do i use....?

Hey all,

Right looking to find out some info here to get things right.

Want to put new tyres on the car (RS2) standard 17" porsche wheels, at the moment it has falcons (245 17 45 )on, are they ok or should i be using something a bit better..??

want to give it a oil/filter change, what oil is best...??

handbrake is crap and apperently has always been like that, i have heard quite a few times that the handbrake can be a ****, anyone know how i can sort it out..??

many thanks for all post on here, you guys helping me a lot so far.....

bean

Speak to oil man on the forum about oil he's the best.

it will probably be silkolene pro oil which is what i've put in mine, been brilliant so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
      Speak to oil man on the forum about oil he's the best.

it will probably be silkolene pro oil which is what i've put in mine, been brilliant so far.
      wicked... how do i get hold of oil man.....??

thanks

bean

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/member.php?u=2582

thats his profile and has a link to his web page

Comment

I recently did a change and put in Synta Gold.
          My handbrake was rubbish, but is a lot better after having the rear discs changed.

There are threads on improving the handbrake... replacing various bits, and sanding the inside of the disc surface for more friction.

Before my discs were replaced the handbrake was improving... but still a bit rubbish.
          John Bowlerwell
          Electronic Engineer

Present:
          Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
          Previous:
          Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
          Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            Hey all,

Right looking to find out some info here to get things right.

Want to put new tyres on the car (RS2) standard 17" porsche wheels, at the moment it has falcons (245 17 45 )on, are they ok or should i be using something a bit better..??

want to give it a oil/filter change, what oil is best...??

handbrake is crap and apperently has always been like that, i have heard quite a few times that the handbrake can be a ****, anyone know how i can sort it out..??

many thanks for all post on here, you guys helping me a lot so far.....

bean
            You need the correct size tyres for safety. The OEM Dunlops 8000 were very narrow for a 245 & the newer 245s are too wide for the narrow 7" rim (S2 7.5"). You need 225/45/17 94Y XL to avoid potential suspension/tyre damage.
            Alastair
            RS2

Comment

Working...
            X