Honda Civic handbrake design fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Civic handbrake design fault

Honda have announced that there is a design fault with the handbrakes on new shape Civics. Full story here (BBC news link) and here (Autotrader link).

Ck.
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

And we care because ???????????
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Cos...

it might crash into our precious audis...come come my boy...
      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

A Honda might suddenly roll over your foot without warning
        S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
          And we care because ???????????
          - because it gives us something to gloat about (build quality)
          - it's a warning not to get too close behind one on a hill
          - as a considerate human you might know someone potentially affected (not everyones enlightened enough to enjoy four rings) and wish to tell them

S2Forum > General > Open-Topic (NEW)
          General discussion and topics that are of a somewhat Automotive subject matter.

Of course if you don't actually want Automotive topics in here either, just say so.

Ck.
          Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Jees - I was trying to be funny ...
            Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2 View Post
              - it's a warning not to get too close behind one on a hill
              ... unless you're higher up than they are
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

From what I gather it's not actually that bad, it's just something to do with the ratchet release button sticking in if you hold it in when you pull the handbrake. There's more things gone wrong with my 15 year old S2 than my mate's mum's new Civic, but I am enlightened to four rings...
                1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
                2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
                1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                  Jees - I was trying to be funny ...
                  Sorry... the anger management classes and valium weren't working earlier...

Ck - back home, less than sober, and all the better for it

Comment

Talking about handbrakes, anyone used the electric handbrake in the newer Passat? Now that is weird.

Comment

Yes - used it in France last week on a biz trip...

Brand new Passat TDi - my esteemed colleague was 1st to drive it. He flys planes, rides motorbikes, sails yachts but he was flummoxxed for ages trying to work that out. I sat quietly to see what the guy was really made of, until I got bored waiting, then told him it was the silly big button beside the light switch. Its funny - they guy is a fantastically clever engineer but just hates gimmicks and gizmos on cars despite being a certified petrol head.

I drove it later, and its really weird on the hill starts - definitely takes some getting used to. Very fuel efficient wagon too - almost 500 miles on ~55 litres of diseasel right at the start of its life.

And in true hire-car fashion it was returned with two dinged rims and had been beached momentarily on a curb - none of it done by me. Honest guv. Its broken-in now at least

Paul
                      Paul Nugent

Comment

Working...
                      X