How much money have you spent on your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much money have you spent on your car

I have just thrown another £80 at my s2 which seems to be a regular thing these days. In my case its now more than I payed for the car, over £4000 plus the receipts when I bought the car over £20000 .
    We seem to make an emotional attachment to these cars which in tern allows some invisible umbilical cord to suck endless amounts of money from our pockets, while we look on with adoration at our sparkling machines feeding them with more and more money,even my wife is cheaper than this ,and believe me she could spend money in the desert and still ask for more.
    So the question remains ,how much money have you spent.

i must have spent around 20000euros myself...have lost count so far!

Comment

last time i did this i went and hid in a corner and became tight for at least a month and really it is a kinda question.

Comment

I haven't a clue.. but must of cleared 25k not including the purchase price.. God i hope the current Mrs Jones doesn't come on here.....

Comment

At the mo it's a continuous spend.
          Fix one thing, and another fails. Can someone tell me if there is an end to this spend story.
          My mechanic always seems to be in a good mood though
          Since purchase, thousands spent
          My theory is that owning a car like this will eventually make no sense in the wallet department. Enviroment and all that.
          So I'm giving it 5 years to sort it, and after that keep it for as long as I see sensible.
          Road tax per year £500-£1000 I'll be selling her. I'd like to think 2015 at least.
          rs2315.
          sigpic

Comment

Too much

£5600 over 11 months..... I found that I just kept telling myself "This one is the last big spend" and then finding something else broke within a week or two. The car only covered 2k in those 11 months too as I was working abroad 4 days a week. By November last year, when I was facing the posibility of a new steering rack and a replacement rear diff, I bit the bullet and part exchanged.... you'd be suprised what you can buy when you free up £560 a month.

Comment

Between £2000 and £2500 a year...
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I refuse to add it up!

Comment

i purposly dont look,otherwise i would just cry . i know i spent more than the car is worth when repairing it after a smack. but at the end of the day our cars are more of a hobby that just a means of getting a to b.
                  have just spent £1500 on some goodys from germany . which would you say is your best buys and whick was just a bad idea ? some of my best is small things like short shifter and a adjustable relay for the intermitent wipers.
                  worst must have to be my brakes as they have been truble from day one.
                  never set your expectations to high that way you are never disapointed

Comment

I paid £2650 for the car originally and on average spend around £1k a month.
                    I have had the car since june/july time iirc last year so thats quite a bit so far.
                    I'm trying to decide where to end the spending as its starting to get annoying but I can see the end in sight in terms of what I want to do with it.

I just don't want to add all the bills up just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by denniselbows View Post
                      which would you say is your best buys and whick was just a bad idea ? some of my best is small things like short shifter and a adjustable relay for the intermitent wipers.
                      worst must have to be my brakes as they have been truble from day one.
                      Best is either - Hids/projector combo or a new gearnob to replace one cullam3n gave me.

Worst - the engine parts as it now means i've got to continue to finish the conversion off since i've started collecting parts.

Comment

No comment
                        Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
                          No comment

why's that, btw I saw your bank manager the other day, he was looking around this smiling and rubbing his hands together.

Comment

Don't even go there, I remember the last time a thread like this was placed up.

My current build is racking up the bills nicely

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
                              No comment
                              I'm not surprised, I'm just waiting for the breaking scandal where Chef's on the IOW have been swindled out of their pensions

Comment

Working...
                              X