• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Leslie - ex BTCC Champ killed

Another sad loss to motorsport...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/200...h-45dbed5.html
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Yeah total gent, met him when i was working for Volvo/Ericsson in the BTCC days in late 90s.

Despite his flat tone on commentary, had a great sense of humour and was a talented tintop driver in touring cars and Le Mans too.

Thoughts with his family and those also caught up in the tragedy over the weekend

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I remember him way back as a privateer in the Ecurie Ecosse Vauxhall Cavalier, before the works Nissan days. Certainly one of the super touring old school when BTCC was at it's best.

I understand the other passengers in the plane were also motorsport industry but when I last checked, hadn't been named.

Condolences to family and friends.
      Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

It's just been confirmed that Richard Lloyd also died in the accident - boss of Apex Motorsport, formerly Audi Sport UK.

That brings it a lot closer to home for me as we worked extensively with Audi Sport UK/Apex during our Audi and Bentley Le Mans programmes, and I met Richard Lloyd occasionally during that time.

Condolences again to family and friends.
        Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Oh my God!! Gutted,i met david when i was at the nissan primera touring car open day in Plymouth back in 1997, then whilst there he pulled my name out of a hat to get vip passes to the following round at Thruxton.
          I was 16 at the time and had loads of questions, he had so much time for me and didnt have his head planted up his ****...

Thats gutting for me as i have apassion for old skool btcc, now him as well as Will Hoy are gone....both legends

Comment

Working...
          X