Best brand of clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best brand of clutch?

Can anyone recommend the best brand of clutch for my S2 - 330 bhp - standard clutch or high performance? Also who has the best prices? Thanx
    This was my boss and I know for a fact if he was around today he would be driving a sick ABY armour plated S2 1500 bhp....
    sigpic

I use a 5 paddle cerametalic clutch and pressure plate from Helix Autosport www.helix-autosport.com. I'm happy with it. Distributors worldwide too.

sigpic
    Pembo
    quattro - Original 4WD rallying
    Rally Car photos

Comment

Originally posted by Pembo View Post
      I use a 5 paddle cerametalic clutch and pressure plate from Helix Autosport www.helix-autosport.com. I'm happy with it.
      I too am about to do a gearbox swap and so will do the clutch at the same time. How would the above feel/bite/behave in a 300-400BHP road car when town driving in traffic? I always thought ceramic clutches grab and are hard to drive smoothly

What did the RS2 use? Was it the S2 unit or an uprated version?

Cheers n

Si
      Last edited by HPmuirt; 2 April 2008, 19:35.
      95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
      Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
      With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

The clutch on the rally car is smooth and controlable with no harsh bite. It handles the torque and power no problem. As I do tarmac events I have to drive road sections and even in traffic it is manageable.
        sigpic
        Pembo
        Rally Car photos

Comment

'manageable' That is an interesting choice of word. Out of interest, what BHP are you running in your rally car?

What do the 400BHP boys run and does anyone know what is the difference (if any) between the S2 and RS2 clutch?

Cheers n

Si
          95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
          Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
          With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

The clutch must be heavier but the hydraulic system takes the strain but I have noticed my left leg is much bigger than the right! I'm not aware of how clutch pressure plates are measured in the pressure required to opperate. I know this is part of the clamping pressure that is so important when is comes to torque not power. This pressure plate is also thicker so is able to absorb more heat when it needs too.
            Never had the rally car on a rolling road (and may never!). The car has to run 34mm air restrictor so will never run big BHP. I know there is a lot of torque because of this!
            sigpic
            Pembo
            Rally Car photos

Comment

I was under the impression the RS2 Clutch was the same as an ABY, purely based on the fact that I haven't seen anyone talk about any differences....

I stand to be corrected though.
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                I was under the impression the RS2 Clutch was the same as an ABY, purely based on the fact that I haven't seen anyone talk about any differences....

I stand to be corrected though.
                Yep according to the audi cook book

Comment

Working...
                X