Insurance claim query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance claim query

Hi All, I had a little bump with my S2 reversed into a stationary car (don't ask) anywho, I've put it in the hands of my insurers,(more than) thier approved repairer will be picking my car up tomorrow to take it for assessment, I'm a little concerned as to what will happen to my car shopuld they decide in thier wisdom not to repair the damage,ie write the car off! what options will be available to me should this happen? I've read other forum members experiences and it's made me feel a little nervous to say the least.
    The damge is to the panel below the rear numberplate, the numberplate surround/left light cluster is broken, the bumper is pushed forward but not broken, I'd estimate a couple of days labour maybe?..
    I'd like your advice please re my options should they not wish to carryout the repair,sorry about the rather poor pic.
    Thanks Condor..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Condor; 14 April 2008, 22:22.
    :wave: :thumbs:

If it were me and it was my fault I would be tempted to get it repaired myself. You should be able to pick up second hand parts relatively cheaply and easilly. You'll also save your no claims discount, unless you're having to pay for damage to another vehicle and usually you only have to pay the excess on the insurance if you're claiming for your own car! Now I would imagine your excess would go a fair way towards the cost of repair!!
    '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

That'll be a write-off, I've just had exactly the same but not as bad repaired and it was a bill to my insurers of £2500! If it wasn't for my agreed value policy then the car would have been written off for the repair. Not my fault either
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

And don't forget! you do not have to use their approved repairer. You can take it to who YOU decide. Your choice not theirs!

HTH
        Rob..
        94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
        87 UR 20v ABY
        97 S6 Avant
        96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
        1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Fugg sake - fix it yerself... I wouldn't have even contacted the insurance with such a bump. Shower of bar-stewards for the most part... It is YOUR car until the point that you accept and agree any 'total loss' settlement. Watch out for any cheeky 'storage charges' whilst the car is being inspected. Loss adjusters are white-collar gamblers too and only in it for themselves.

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
            Fugg sake - fix it yerself... I wouldn't have even contacted the insurance with such a bump. Shower of bar-stewards for the most part... It is YOUR car until the point that you accept and agree any 'total loss' settlement. Watch out for any cheeky 'storage charges' whilst the car is being inspected. Loss adjusters are white-collar gamblers too and only in it for themselves.

Paul
            I see your point, if it were just my damage I would have considered getting it fixed myself however I have the damage on the vehicle which I bumped into to pay for too, my excess is only £250 hence I thought a claim maybe the best thing but we will see, my no claims is protected too, I've not had to make a claim for more than 30 years so I thought it was about time the insurers paid up, the s2 is my only means of transport so I can't be without a vehicle for long, I will get a courtesy car for the length of time it takes for any repairs to my car, it all sounds too good to be true and probably will be

Comment

beware more than will try to write it off my mothers car was involed in an accident with a bus end of last year the said it was beyone economical reair £4000 but offered £5000 outright let us buy it back -exccess £3200 had it repairerd for £3998 still in dispute with them for the difference in the hands of the insurance onbusman

Comment

I don't understand... They 'let' you buy your own car back for £5000 then you repaired it for £3998... LOL - thats how your post reads here.

Paul
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

sorry if you miss read it insurance offer £5000 pay out they keep the car or we can buy it back and they give us £3200 repair cost £3998 so we are out of pocket of £798 when accident was bus drivers fault

Comment

I have my S2 again

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                    That'll be a write-off, I've just had exactly the same but not as bad repaired and it was a bill to my insurers of £2500! If it wasn't for my agreed value policy then the car would have been written off for the repair. Not my fault either
                    Morning all, I'm pleased to report that my S2 was repaired by the insurer (more than), and returned to me bright and early this morning at 8 am, they've replaced both the rearlights, numberplate surround, rear panel and I've got two new bulb holders, which has saved me the job of resealing the backlights as they were leaking, have a nice shiny rear bumper now too as before it had a few chips in it, I'm pleased with the repair people too very efficient ect.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted with slightly less problems than Helphire cuased me!
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                        Glad you got it sorted with slightly less problems than Helphire cuased me!
                        Yep you don't know how good an insurance company is until you have to make a claim, I was pleasantly suprised by how smoothly things went.

Comment

My insurance company were great (Greenlight) but it was Helphire (3rd party legal firm) who cocked everything up.
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                          X