Homefry
    Rs2 MAF
    BMC Race Airbox
    Samco's incl Mark H
    3" Turbo back straight through Zorst-no cats,just rear silencer
    Forge DV
    3b Flywheel
    Bidding starts...............now!!

Im gonna start the bidding, going on a guide of Mr Casey's weapon, close on to 290 BHP
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

285BHP@flywheel?
      UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

285-295? Very similar to ming before i got bored of it!
        Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

the aby with 3b flywheel on this avant feels so much more lively than the coupe aby i used to own

Comment

i

think about 290-300hp
            japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
            www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

glad the digi-tec chips have gone. got more confidence when i boot it now. mind you,today i went for a long drive and averaged 34mpg! steady 70 - 75mph

Comment

282bhp@flywheel I reckon. Got a rolling road day planned sometime soon I take it?

Mark
                '93 Brilliant Blue Audi S2 Avant - Broken again.
                '98 Tahiti Blue Rover 216SE Coupe
                '96 Arktiksilber Metallic BMW 525td (E34)
                '01 Dark Green Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.1LTD
                '97 Polar White Vauxhall Vectra 2.0Di LS
                '96 Alpine White Peugeot 306 XLDt

Comment

I'd say between 280-300 ish at least, i'd be interested in seeing a quick vid of how it sounds at idle/revved.

Who did the flywheel change you or the previous owner?

Comment

256 bhp@ the flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                      I'd say between 280-300 ish at least, i'd be interested in seeing a quick vid of how it sounds at idle/revved.

Who did the flywheel change you or the previous owner?
                      was done by tim cooper,he said the gearbox is rs2 too

Comment

I reckon 301 @ f/w with my old S2 s k24 turbo on it
                        S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

lol - you going to get it on the rollers and put us all out the misery of guessing

Comment

That's a different spec than mine but got to be somewhere close to 300 on a homefries. NIP got 288 on a similar setup to you with a paper filter, S2 MAF, 710N. BMC could lose you power if it's not got a good air feed but I bet it sounds pretty sweet so who cares. ABY IC should be ok, get some water on it , exhaust should help you though. I run my MAF with only one gauze and now it's got none in it so RS2 MAF won't make much difference over that...

Biggest killer is boost leaks, do about 20 boost leak tests on the whole system including breather before you get it on the rollers and make sure it's completely airtight! Youll need a compressor to do this as a foot pump can't get the pressure with the valves and pistons in play. Replace the small bore stuff and make sure that EVERYTHING is as sealed as it can be. Nothing worse than wasting £50 on a RR session to find you have a leak. Also make sure your plugs are in good condition, this wil lkill oyu result too as mr. B Smith found out.

Do you have Samcos? The Samco inlet hose is a much larger bore than the standard item and I feel that this must help things. The rest of the kit is just newer and more bling .

3B FW makes for much punchier response and it gives a useable 7k rather than 6.5k with the DM ABY item. Not sure it'll affect power figures that much but it's much nicer to drive so who cares.
                            Cheers'en, AndyC
                            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                              That's a different spec than mine but got to be somewhere close to 300 on a homefries. NIP got 288 on a similar setup to you with a paper filter, S2 MAF, 710N. BMC could lose you power if it's not got a good air feed but I bet it sounds pretty sweet so who cares. ABY IC should be ok, get some water on it , exhaust should help you though. I run my MAF with only one gauze and now it's got none in it so RS2 MAF won't make much difference over that...

Biggest killer is boost leaks, do about 20 boost leak tests on the whole system including breather before you get it on the rollers and make sure it's completely airtight! Youll need a compressor to do this as a foot pump can't get the pressure with the valves and pistons in play. Replace the small bore stuff and make sure that EVERYTHING is as sealed as it can be. Nothing worse than wasting £50 on a RR session to find you have a leak. Also make sure your plugs are in good condition, this wil lkill oyu result too as mr. B Smith found out.

Do you have Samcos? The Samco inlet hose is a much larger bore than the standard item and I feel that this must help things. The rest of the kit is just newer and more bling .

3B FW makes for much punchier response and it gives a useable 7k rather than 6.5k with the DM ABY item. Not sure it'll affect power figures that much but it's much nicer to drive so who cares.
                              Yes mate,bmc sounds the nuts,i used to have an rs2 intercooler which i dont think was worth it for this setup,boost leaks seem to be the bain of my life. either that or coilpack issues. i show a steady and rock solid 1.35 bar on the gauge and 2nd gear and 4th pull like trains .
                              3b flywheel is fantastic mod,my old aby coupe just seemed lazy in comparison

Comment

Working...
                              X