No announcement yet.

Deleted threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vBulletin has a log of all moderator actions, so is it not on there?

Comment

yeah definately strange that there is no record unlike normal......but as i thought, a technical gremlin rather than a mod issue it would seem...
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Strange one this, just didn't know what had happened to it

thanks for people's efforts to look into it.

Comment

Never seen this thread as have not been on since 4pm firday but do so love the way people are pointing the fingers at the mods as the primary cause to the issue

Comment

It me who deleted it when i cam across it I decided to delete it because of racial connitations
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
              Never seen this thread as have not been on since 4pm firday but do so love the way people are pointing the fingers at the mods as the primary cause to the issue
              In all fairness, isnt it the case 99.9% of the time, that when a thread is removed it is by a moderator or admin?

All it takes is a quick pm to the poster to say it has been removed and why, and threads like this dont need to exist
              Ive been a moderator on various forums, some that are HUGE in comparison to this one, and it has always been procedure to do the above.
              Maybe its because not many threads ever get removed due to us all being happy campers?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                It me who deleted it when i cam across it I decided to delete it because of racial connitations
                Ok thankyou for saying, Feel free to delete this if need be, i'll try to watch what I post next time.

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
                  In all fairness, isnt it the case 99.9% of the time, that when a thread is removed it is by a moderator or admin?

All it takes is a quick pm to the poster to say it has been removed and why, and threads like this dont need to exist
                  Ive been a moderator on various forums, some that are HUGE in comparison to this one, and it has always been procedure to do the above.
                  Maybe its because not many threads ever get removed due to us all being happy campers?
                  True but all it takes is a PM to a mod or admin asking them to investigate which has been the case in 99.9% of past threads deleted as all these type of threads do is create friction and have people jump on the moral band wagon.

To be hoenst you say quick PM but we do have lives outside the forum and Greg is an extremely busy man and may not have had time to follow through.

Comment

That goes back to the thankless task of being a mod though doesnt it.... as I said, Ive been there and done it on VERY busy forums (Eg over 1000+ new THREADS every day! ) and know what a nightmare it can be, so please dont think I was having a go

Comment

Lol, I remember that joke from way back in '99!
                      L.Carr

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                        True but all it takes is a PM to a mod or admin asking them to investigate which has been the case in 99.9% of past threads deleted as all these type of threads do is create friction and have people jump on the moral band wagon.

To be hoenst you say quick PM but we do have lives outside the forum and Greg is an extremely busy man and may not have had time to follow through.
                        I'd spoken to s2driveruk about it as he was online at the time, I was just a bit confused about it being removed as I got a pm from another forum member just asking what happened to it.

Seems that if mods remove something it is still shown somewhere online, if an admin removes something its not shown anywhere.

Comment

maybe its cuz ya borin everone

Comment

Originally posted by nip View Post
                            maybe its cuz ya borin everone
                            maybe?

Comment

lol dont take it heart was only jokin

Comment

Working...
                              X