No announcement yet.

Where to buy s4 rear upgrade brake kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy s4 rear upgrade brake kit?

Hi chaps!

Where is the place to buy this upgrade?
    Im looking for a full 300mmx22 upgrade on the rear from an s4 to bolt onto my avant.
    Calipers, discs, bolts, nuts and the whole lot..

I was lurking for an corey porsche rear upgrade, but I cannot reach him, so then its the s4 kit as thing must be orderd now.

cheers and many thanks in advance,
    Anders
    Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

As far as i know there is no such kit? I think you just have to get all the parts yourself. PaulS2central has put up a thread with all the part numbers needed. Hope this helps?
    Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Ah my bad, I meant more like a "kit".

I see 034MS sells one now, is there any thoughts on that, or is it the same as the other upgrade Paul mentioned?!
      Linky to 034MS

sigpic

Comment

I don't know if you can use the B7 S4 caliper carriers?As far as i know you have to use S8 carriers?
        Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Try grizz on the rs246 forum (also quattroforum) he maybe able to help you

Comment

Anders,

It's not a kit as such and you can get all the parts from your local dealer. It's all bolt on apart from the handbrake cable modification but that is detailed my thread HERE

The part numbers you need are:

Code:
            8E0615423J     LEFT CALIPER
            8E0615424J     RIGHT CALIPER
            8E0615425J     CALIPER CARRIER     X2
            N91036902      CARRIER BOLTS       X4
            4B3698451A     BRAKE PADS
            8E0615601R     BRAKE DISC          X2
            They have very good discount codes so if you are on friendly terms with your local dealer you can probably get a very good price on them too

Ben
            the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
            1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

To be clear - the parts listered there by Ben are for bolt on for S2 Avant and Sedan with that B7 disc, carrier and caliper. Then apply Ben's handbrake tweak.

On the S2 Coupe - seek out my thread. Its the same disc (reduced to 280mm) but S8 carriers, S8 pads and RR/S6 calipers for complete bolt-on plus a couple of washers.

Reason for difference is in the caliper/handbrake orientation between the B3 Coupe and B4 Avant/Sedan. The B7 based caliper, carrier and 300mm disc bolts on beautifully to the Coupe but serious surgery on the handbrake cable is required to make it complete.
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Cheers Ben!

One question though, does the bolts come with the calipers or is that something to order on the side?
                Dont know about the local dealership here, but its like they charge money for just looking at their cars.. lol

What did it cost in total for you (if I may ask?)

Skål!,

sigpic

Comment

The bolts listed are for the carriers to the car. The caliper to carrier bolts come with the brake pads. Basically the part numbers I listed are all the bits you need.

I'd rather not mention the price I paid but the UK retail price is £665 inc VAT.

Ben
                  the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                  1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Working...
                  X