Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know ebay user Amodz_spares ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tab%3DWatching

I sent 40 quid for a few odds and ends last week but haven't got a reply since. Starting to think i've been ripped off. I sell things this way outside ebay and have bought a load the same way. To be honest I dind't notice the 0 feedback before and i'm close now to getting someone I know in Vodafone (got his number from answer machine when it redirected from landline on the listing) to see if they can get his address (think it's Solihul) and go visit him.

Can anybody tell me they know him and i'm wrong?
    cheers
    unhappy N Irish bloke
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

How did you send the money?

cheque
    postal order
    pay pal?

Comment

paypal mate. funny thing is when i sent it i got a message to say the payment was initiated and was awaiting the recipient to accept it.

He just replied to say the stuff is on the way. happy about that. still makes me nervous though when I don't get any contact
      1990 CQ20v

Comment

if it was initiated and waiting for him to accept it, it means he has not clicked on it at his end and its basically just sitting there waiting for him, i've had it a couple of times. from what I can tell its been removed from your account but is currently in paypals account waiting for him to accept it.

I have sent money via paypal and nothings turned up before and complained and got SOME of the money back, they never pay the full amount from what i've seen which takes the mick a bit.

Give him a couple of days and see if anything turns up, if not complain to paypal over it.

Comment

solihull isn't far from me anyway mate, i've got a decent sized breaker bar too
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

paypal are just a load of ******s, always happy to take loads of money off you but when you need their help getting money back from scamming ***** they can't be ****d in my experience.Having a problem at the moment wth someone,he keeps saying he has posted it etc but nothing ever turns up,been waiting 6 weeks at least now.Put a claim in through paypal a few weeks back and when the deadline came for him to reply i thought i would automatically get my money back,did i? did i ****!

Comment

that's absolute p155 mate (spink). these are the risks of free trading in parts. I have to say it doesn't happen very often to me but now and again a good shafting leaves you sore.

I bought a wii game for a collague. turned out someone had hijacked the guy's ebay account, email address and bank account. me and 40 odd other folks had to wait for about 6 weeks before the refunds came through. Of course I had to give the colleague cash back straight away so it was fuknuts here that was out of pocket for weeks. lesson learned - don't buy stuff on ebay for friends/colleagues.

Alex - fantastic. might take you up on that. Although if it comes to it a voicemail from an angry bloke from norn oirn quoting your full address quite often does the trick. And if not an old 80 picked up for pennies left in your living room with a note on the window might do it

the paypal payment was accepted/completed. I just thought it was odd because i've sent loads of payments and never seen that before. and received a fair number, which i've never had to review and accept. Thought it might have some signifigance but maybe not.
              1990 CQ20v

Comment

[QUOTE=fourcircle;329354]that's absolute p155 mate (spink). these are the risks of free trading in parts. I have to say it doesn't happen very often to me but now and again a good shafting leaves you sore.
                QUOTE]

this is the 1st time this has happened to me in over 5 years of internet purchases,with it not being an ebay auction does anyone know how i can find out the address of someone you pay cash to?

Comment

[QUOTE=spink;329360]
                  Originally posted by fourcircle View Post
                  that's absolute p155 mate (spink). these are the risks of free trading in parts. I have to say it doesn't happen very often to me but now and again a good shafting leaves you sore.
                  QUOTE]

this is the 1st time this has happened to me in over 5 years of internet purchases,with it not being an ebay auction does anyone know how i can find out the address of someone you pay cash to?
                  should be in the transaction details

Comment

[QUOTE=Acidburn;329362]
                    Originally posted by spink View Post

should be in the transaction details
                    no,never is when i have sent through paypal.Only in ebay can you see the sellers address from what i have seen.Paypal only tells me the email address and landline number which are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Comment

yup. no address to be had.
                      1990 CQ20v

Comment

yup. no address to be had.
                        well out of order if you ask me,i mean how are you meant to know where to pour the paint stripper/leave the horses head?

Comment

my thoughts exactly sir. or send a prossie while his wife's in
                          1990 CQ20v

Comment

my thoughts exactly sir. or send a prossie while his wife's in
                            another one for the list

Comment

Did I say a male prossie? hehe
                              1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                              X