assistance required oh clever ones!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assistance required oh clever ones!!

my 3b is running rich an tickover is'nt right eitheranyone any ideas how to put this right?due for mot an think it will fail emissions,smell of fuel from zorst. appreciated
    I must have an S2!!!!

check lambda for now,and MAF afterwards.Also when is it rich,only cold or warm as well?

Comment

Originally posted by PapVas View Post
      check lambda for now,and MAF afterwards.Also when is it rich,only cold or warm as well?
      warm aswell.how do i check them mate. sorry still learnin about this beast
      I must have an S2!!!!

Comment

PapVas speaks the truth

How do you know it's running rich?

Boost leaks are usually the first thing to sort although they'll not cause rich running on tickover.

Find someone with VAGCOM close to you, or not, it's worthwhile getting the ECU codes checked and the boost system pressure checked.

Get the MAF cleaned, I use carb cleaner but DON'T touch the inside of it, just spray.

If the lambda hasn't been replaced then it's not a bad idea to replace it. Mine had done 140k when I replaced it and I think that the shelf life is around half that!

FInal stage is to get it on the rollers and get the exhaust gases and boost profile checked but it needs to be right before doing that.

HTH
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

where are you located?that way someone with a vag com reader may give you a hand

Comment

thank you guys,i'm in liverpool an have i got a lot of learnin to do?assume its rich by zorst smell of liquid gold an plugs sooty black.will do as my sensei's say cheers
            I must have an S2!!!!

Comment

yup, lambda life they reckon is about 60k according to Bosch. Do you have loads of black oily spots all over the back end of the car?
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
              X