Got to love HIC insurance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to love HIC insurance...

Just got a quote back from HIC insurance for the CQ that i have recently converted to ABY.

I am 24 with 3 points. (driving 6 years) No claims in the last 5 years, 2 years no claims bonus.

All quotes are fully comp, 10kmpa, living in rural wales, car garaged and fitted with immobiliser. Inc, Track day cover and covered to drive any other insured vehicle.

1990 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 NG (137bhp) With Suspension and Exhaust = £960
    1990 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 ABY (230bhp) Conversion With Suspension and Exhaust = £850

1986 VW Golf GTI 1.8 16v KR (139bhp) = £920
    1986 VW Golf GTI 2.0 16v 6A (165bhp) = £800 with exhaust

They must have the philosophy that if someone is prepared to do so much work on their car as to do an engine concversion then they must know the car well and love it and not end up smashing it up???
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

I get your point, insurance makes no sense. I could insure a Polo GT for £300 or a CL converted to a GT for £650....

That makes my £500 for the S2 agreed value, track cover etc. etc. look rather good
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

i ve got trade insurance, can drive anything up to £5k value in my posession
      makes my quattro cheap to insure, plus the land rover, recovery truck and any other cars i seem to purchase from time to time, ebay has only made my buying habits worse!

Comment

Who is your trade insurance with? Is it fully comp? I have the S2, S3 80Q, Landrover, quads and drive loads of peoples cars in my posession any value, but i am looking to move the insurance...

Le Mans 2012
        Nurburgring 700
        1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by re2500 View Post
          Just got a quote back from HIC insurance for the CQ that i have recently converted to ABY.

I am 24 with 3 points. (driving 6 years) No claims in the last 5 years, 2 years no claims bonus.

All quotes are fully comp, 10kmpa, living in rural wales, car garaged and fitted with immobiliser. Inc, Track day cover and covered to drive any other insured vehicle.

1990 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 NG (137bhp) With Suspension and Exhaust = £960
          1990 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 ABY (230bhp) Conversion With Suspension and Exhaust = £850

1986 VW Golf GTI 1.8 16v KR (139bhp) = £920
          1986 VW Golf GTI 2.0 16v 6A (165bhp) = £800 with exhaust

They must have the philosophy that if someone is prepared to do so much work on their car as to do an engine concversion then they must know the car well and love it and not end up smashing it up???
          wait till you make a claim then you will see they don't like paying out .

Comment

I'm with Highway through Greenlight and they did their job superbly, the same can't be said for any other insurancey types I've dealt with over the last 8 months. The repair shop was also good and I'd happily go back there although they were a Skoda main dealer!
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
            X