Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Pics

Chris,

Pics as requested... apart from the last one.. its coming apart for painting..
    Attached Files

It looked mint in the photos before, take it that it was not up to your standards?

Love the nardi steering wheel, best one i've ever had the privilidge of using

how far round the speedo have you had it? like the fact you've added some gauges where the radio looks to have been and first time i've seen a heated seat switch always wondered where they went

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
      It looked mint in the photos before, take it that it was not up to your standards?

Love the nardi steering wheel, best one i've ever had the privilidge of using

how far round the speedo have you had it? like the fact you've added some gauges where the radio looks to have been and first time i've seen a heated seat switch always wondered where they went
      You guessed not up to my standards.... wish i wasn't such a perfectionist i would save a fortune..

Believe it or not only 120!!! I'm not a top speed man I'm a torque and acceleration man. With 60 coming up in 3.9, 100 in 8.5 and 120 in 12 dead I've lost my bottle to keep going by then....

Missing it already... i will take some pictures as it comes along.

Comment

Glad to see your going back to it and keeping modding/upgrading stuff. Its nice to see people taking time getting it done properly.

When you had it all working was it all going fine or did you have any running in/general running problems or was it all plain going?

One other thing the boost gauge in the pocket to the right of the steering wheel take it thats a tim gauge, surprised it went up high enough? At least its somewhere thats easy to see at warp 9 without cutting big holes into the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
          Glad to see your going back to it and keeping modding/upgrading stuff. Its nice to see people taking time getting it done properly.

When you had it all working was it all going fine or did you have any running in/general running problems or was it all plain going?

One other thing the boost gauge in the pocket to the right of the steering wheel take it thats a tim gauge, surprised it went up high enough? At least its somewhere thats easy to see at warp 9 without cutting big holes into the dash.
          Had a few teething problems, the thrust bearing went so it all had to come out, the crank and block had to be machined together with some oversize thrust bearings being made.

All the suspension i.e bushes together with billies fitted. New rear diff fitted it goes on... I wanted to get it mechanically sound before i painted it and thankfully it (currently) is...

Yes its a TIM i have numerous but get on with this one best the boost does take it off the gauge but the screen is marked and its accurate..

Comment

Yeah it was in good shape but unless up close you couldnt see a little crazing in the paint. I bet she looks amazing once you have redone it Darren....is it staying Alpine White or.....?

Good luck

David
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
              Yeah it was in good shape but unless up close you couldnt see a little crazing in the paint. I bet she looks amazing once you have redone it Darren....is it staying Alpine White or.....?

Good luck

David
              Yes staying white... got six litres of the stuff with thinner and activator makes it about ten litres,, enough for two cars... but you never know when you might need some touch ups...

Comment

It a beatiful looking car Darren, a real credit to you. Out of interest how many litres do you actually need to paint a bodyshell?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                  It a beatiful looking car Darren, a real credit to you. Out of interest how many litres do you actually need to paint a bodyshell?
                  Thanks, there is probably better people on here to answer but from my experience the Cobra took just over three litres of clear coat and 1.5 litres of base coat (metallic).

The GT40 took 4 litres of solid colour an XJ6 i once painted took just over five litres. i think the quattro will take 3.5 litres, may be just over of solid colour. All these quantities are prior to adding 1 part thinner and 2 parts activator (apart from base coat as you don't need activator)

Hope it helps..

Comment

That gives me a good idea of the quatities involved. You are painting this yourself? I take it your must be a trade or an ex-trade painter then?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                      That gives me a good idea of the quatities involved. You are painting this yourself? I take it your must be a trade or an ex-trade painter then?
                      No self taught.. comes from never trusting anyone, its that perfectionist thing again..

Comment

dont want to do my roof too do you Darren.....OCD is good on paint
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Now that IS impressive. I prefer to do most jobs myself too if possible, that way I know that they are done right. But painting your car takes doing it yourself to a whole new level as this is a highly skilled job (like I need to tell you).

Comment

Just to prove it... does my bum look big in this...
                            Attached Files

Comment

did you by any chance take the gt down to combe for a show about a month ago? could have sworn I saw some pictures of one like that?

Comment

Working...
                              X