Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy??

Hi People

The GF has just got a new job and is finally in a position where she has to have a car.
    Obviously i was more excited by the prospect of being able to genuinely trawl the web for a car to actually buy! (V.Pleased about the job also LoL)
    The budget is up to 3grand and the car has to be cheap to run but fun to drive. My short list so far is:

1- Toyota Yaris 1.3 16v VVTi CDX (should be reliable?)
    2- VW Lupo 1.4 sport (might be ok)
    3- Toyota MR2 Mk3 (rear wheel drive!)
    4- Audi A2 1.6FSi or 1.4TDi (Guilty pleasure?)

Has anyone had any experience with any of the above or do you have any other suggestions? I've got a month or so which should be enough time to source something and try a few.

Cheers

Russ
    Old Stuff Reborn.

well

the lupo is a rather small car, with no trunk space.
    the A2 is a really nice car to drive, comfy and good.
    japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
    www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Fiesta Zetec S 40 mpg, 105bhp and a great chassis, same with a Puma.

Or of course there is the mighty Polo GT
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I agree with andy about the fiesta, definately would be my choice out the lot. The lupo tho nice does not really suit motorway driving as its revving too high.

Plus if you ever get bored nitrous fits the fiesta very easily with very good results

Comment

Lupo all day long get more money back on it and also much better than zee ford. Acidburn i think you should wash your mouth out ..

Comment

Have to agree the Fiesta Zetec is a nice little runabout, I had one on 3 wheels lol

Comment

Lol We had trouble selling my mums lupo which she lost money on, shame really as it was nice etc.

The fiesta I will always choose as admitted its a ford (I don't mind them) but the biggest bonus is the avaliability and cheapness of parts for them.

jamo - yeah they are good for that tho since the avant's been lowered I can pick up one of the rear wheels on corners with that

Comment

Never really considered the fiesta and i'm not sure what the GF would think, i'll have to ask. She's a fan of the A2 but I don't know anyone that';s owned one to get feedback from.
                Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Ended up buying a Renault Clio 1.4 Dynamique+. 55k on the clock for £2600. Nise car to drive and pefect for what the GF was after.
                  I must say though, after looking around, i can't believe what car dealers will try and sell you for strong money. I was looking at cars that hadn't even been cleaned (food stains all over the back seats), had obviously done over twice the mileage showing on the clock and were generally very abused. It does pay to be patient and probably 9 times out of10 your instinct will tell you more than anything. Buying privately is the way to go i reckon. My haggling skills got me 800quid knocked off the asking which you might struggle to get from a dealer?
                  Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Working...
                  X