All change for AndyG new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All change for AndyG new car

evening chaps not been on here as much as usual due to having a life!!!!

anyway,the other day i recieved a call from Julian,the chap i swapped my old aby coupe with. Both our circumstances have changed and so we are swapping back cars.
    the avant came to me running a bit rough but now runs sweet.
    Julian aka J Dog on here was the lucky begger who recently won the ebay auction for 360 degree rs2 turbo,injectors,wastegate and spring.
    All apart from the injectors and new 3" straight thru zorst are fitted. Only problem is the tuning chips.......DIGI-TEC
    It will be a month or 3 before i can get proper re-map.
    I am aware that i need bigger IC, fuel pump and to fit injectores.when i used to have digi tec they would boost to 1.8 bar.
    will all this be ok to run around in temporarely? Also power?

So i'm going to see the "green meany" around again.
    Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

doubt it,hes off to france hence LHD

Comment

Oh right! Haven't seen the red coupe move for a while now, last time i spoke to him he'd just fit the turbo and other bits said it was fast.

Comment

waiting to fit new zorst....3" turbo back,no cats straight thru to back box....

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
            waiting to fit new zorst....3" turbo back,no cats straight thru to back box....

thats the badger!!

Comment

Buy an MRC chip you should be fine with the standard pump for a short while

Comment

power? auto mark reckon 360 but with ic,pump etc can map to 400.......hmm:mischeif:

Comment

You could map to 400 but then you'll be changing your turbo within a year...............

Comment

Thats if the rods last long!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

so if the rs2 turbo wont like 400bhp is there any point in me getting an rs2 fuel pump? i have 2 spare stock pumps anyway. the digi tecs run 1.8 bar...i would of thought that the stock pump would struggle long term.....

Comment

Get a 044 pump if your going to upgrade the fuel pump.

Comment

yep, Mark said 400 would be the limit if you wanted to go that far. also the k24 with 360 bearing will have the boost coming on smoothly so the rods shouldnt feel the pain of bigger turbo's running this sort of bhp. anyway andyg your not having the engine with the car, i'm putting a 1.8 8v in it for you

Comment

Sigh - big torque bends rods - not big power...

RS2 cannot run safely into 400bhp territory - the compressor map tells us that - sure you can try but it will choke and die.

As jamo says - no point upgrading S2 pump to an RS2 one - much more headroom with the Bosch 044 momsport rated item.
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

ok so pump will be 034 type...are they expensive? also intercooler? custom or rs2?

Comment

Working...
                              X