Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton

Think he over cooked it today and has made a nice mistake

trying to hard he caused his own problems and is now currently at the back of the pack. Should be an interesting race

A nice mistake?
    S2 Coupe ABY
    S2 Sedan
    S6 20V Avant
    www.audis2.de

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
      A nice mistake?
      Agreed, Hamilton was an idiot on turn 1 - interesting new rule that turn 1 incidents are now penalised, but he was certainly an idiot

Not sure it was fair that Massa punted Hamilton to the back and only got a drive through, not a stop and go to relegate him to the back, but then that is the trouble with having random stewards - there is no consistancy. The FIA really must look at having fulltime stewards.

Finally, although I loath him out of the car, I have to say that Alonso drove another great race and is certainly proving why he is still concidered the best driver out there, even if he needs to be sedated between races.

Cheers n

Si
      95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
      Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
      With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
        Not sure it was fair that Massa punted Hamilton to the back and only got a drive through, not a stop and go to relegate him to the back, but then that is the trouble with having random stewards - there is no consistancy. The FIA really must look at having fulltime stewards.Si
        My guess is if Hamilton had done that to Massa, Hamilton would have been awarded a stop and go during the race and then, if he had placed in the points, the stewards would come up with some thing new and award Hamilton a retrospective 25 second penalty to reduce or eliminate his points.

Just how much is Ferrari paying the stewards anyway? Can I get a job as a steward? I don't have any experience and my eyesight is 80/20. Seems like I would be perfect.

Oh, yeah, except I believe in honesty and fair play.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Well he certainly tried his best not to finish! Hopefully he'll hold it together till the end of the season...
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Alonso is the best.....

THE LAST YEAR he did´nt won the championship for 1 or 2 points...and he had a lot of problems and cheats in he´s MAD-mclaren team and sir moxley,dennis.. etc etc etc... AND Hamilton daddy of course someone remember Hungary GP`2007 in the calification??? this is just Mclaren

this currently year will win the less-bad driver...... 84 points Hamilton after 16 GP´s
            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Bizarre result on turn 1 incident, whilst Hamilton forced Raikonen off line, it was Kovaleinen who was actually forcing Kimi off the racing surface - a fact ackwoledged by Kimi afterwards. Also, 6 other cars also left the road but ONLY Hamilton was investigated!

Any further doubts over the Ferrari International Assistance policy in place must be dispelled by the outrageous Bourdais penalty. How dare he attempt to share the race track with Massa, let alone be in front in the race !!!!!!!!

And only a drive through for Massa when he put his championship rival to the back of the field.

I am starting to suspect that Massa may like to dress as a Nazi Frauline and go to a certain FIA official's private parties, I can think of no other logical reason.

Comment

Theres no doubt that Hamilton made a hash of it into turn 1. At least he admitted he did! However how many 1st corner incidents happen throughout the year with people flying all over the place and this is the first penalty to be given out?

I seem to remember Kimi having a huge lock up at Monaco and actually smashing hard into the back of Bordais wasn't it? Nothing happened with that incident. Locking up brakes is just a genuine racing incident, you shouldn't be punished for it!

Comment

I missed the Massa-Bordais incident, but I was under the impression from commentary that Massa was in the wrong... Hamilton did screw up turn #1 but the penalty was harsh. It really does seem that the rules are enforced differently depending on the colour of your car. As a result, my interest has been really low this year, don't even both to watch most GP's now as it is a pretty common trend:

Hamilton screws up contraversially, stewards punish him to the fullest, another ferrari gets away with a similar crime, then he goes on to blitz a race and put himseld back in contention. Repeat.

Just hope that he can learn to drive a clean race and be a little more defensive; 'tis a shame because I think that is what makes the sport exciting but before you know it you'll have make an application for permission to overtake in F1.
                  AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                    Just hope that he can learn to drive a clean race and be a little more defensive; 'tis a shame because I think that is what makes the sport exciting but before you know it you'll have make an application for permission to overtake in F1.
                    totally agree with you there. Its getting that bad that now they must be worried to try any manouver incase something goes wrong.

Comment

Kimi placed his car at an angle on the grid in order to intentionally try and block Hamilton,very schumacher esk and just as dangerous but strangely allowed

Comment

Agreed with most of the above.

Hamilton did make a massive mistake on turn 1. He was penalised, possibly rightly so, but then again when has a similar event ever resulted in anyone else getting a penalty? He really needs to calm down - he is a true racing driver, talks a good talkk then when it comes to the crunch, on the track, all he sees is that chequered flag. Needs to be more patient. he fluffed his first GP2 championship, fluffed his rookie year championship chance, lets hope its not 3rd time unlucky.

As for the massa stuff, yes he should have received a stop-go penalty not a drive thru. And after watching the Bordois-massa incident 5-6 times, me and both friends watchng it though massa should have been penalised, not the other way round. Also nice they decided this after the race.

It does appear that Ferrari to get the benefit of the doubt and or help on the face of things. However, in reality the root of the problem is inconsistent stewarding. i have an old colelque who's been doing stewarding for like 35yrs round the UK and he is fuming at the recent events. Not just unfair on Hamilton/MacClaren, but unfair on other drivers and the spectators.

What annoyed me was belgium. As there was no true clarification of the rule until after the event (as in no overtaking until the corner after the next one) then technically the rule cannot stand. So, although Hamilton was probably in the wrong, technically he wasn't doing anything wrong by coming back at Kimi like that, therefore it was an unfair penalty. I'm damn sure that the FIA arguement wouldn't stand up in a proper court.

Comment

Working...
                        X