a sign of things to come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a sign of things to come

well 15 miles away from picking up the s2. I am now sat on the hard shoulder waiting for the aa. :-( hope it's not a sign of things to come.
    Audi Nut!!!

Not good, any idea whats up?

Comment

yes the alternator stopped charging and there is not enough power to run lights and ecu. While im sat here i'll continue to moan. Lcd for the trip computer is broken. Stereo is not working. The windows steam up when the heatings on. (matrix issue) and there is a likelyhood that the head gasket is shot. (residue in filler cap.) but i have all the bits to fix it i suppose
      Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
        yes the alternator stopped charging and there is not enough power to run lights and ecu. While im sat here i'll continue to moan. Lcd for the trip computer is broken. Stereo is not working. The windows steam up when the heatings on. (matrix issue) and there is a likelyhood that the head gasket is shot. (residue in filler cap.) but i have all the bits to fix it i suppose
        Pita - headgasgets the worst i'd have thought, how long do you think it will take you to sort that out?

Comment

i'm hoping that none of those were a surprise hope the aa get you going
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Just got home :-)

AA Replaced the rectifyer in the alternator and got me up and running, I have just checked to see if the goo was still in the oil cap but it's all gone and I have not had any temp issue all the way home so all seems good.

Just got to sort the boost leak and the other niggly bits. Even managed to sort the stereo on the way home :-)
            Audi Nut!!!

Comment

This lucky time you could have kept smiling in bad weather.
              Maybe you want get the alternator out and clean all the contacts, the ones inside too. And the earth connections around. Helps a little but this little almost everywhere.
              Happy times!!
              '93 Audi S2 Avant panthero black, 412.000km
              '94 Audi S4 C4 Avant 303Tkm, KW, Brembos, BN-Pipes, Bose, S6 front (sold)
              '93 Audi S4 C4 Avant, 260Tkm
              '88 Audi 100 Avant turbo 44Q
              '84 Audi 80 quattro tornado red
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds good, the mayonaise under the cap will most likely be due to standing, i've seen it happen on a couple of 3b's already and usually goes after a run etc.

Your have to get some more detailed pictures up of it and the interior etc.

Comment

Sounds familiar,

picked mine up 3 months ago.. a few miles down the road we passed through severe flooding close to 2 ft deep water, my friend in his e36 got through no problem then i followed, 2 mins later oil pressure dropped so i shut it off. So sitting in the highest village in scotland we waited for the AA! got it recovered 210 miles home and found a pin sized hole in the oil cooler!

been bullet proof ever since and covered close to 5k with no issues.

Hang in there its worth it!

Comment

as long as you got tunes you can fix the rest with a good tune keeping you going

oh yeah.. beepidy bap bibbidy booooo.... de dee doooooo..........
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    1990 CQ20v
                    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
                    X