The best tool in the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best tool in the World

Well, I used to thing that my ratchet spanners were the best tool in the world, but now I have this - ITS BRILLIANT!
    If you can possibly afford the space and cash - GET ONE, its so blinkin' marvelous!
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Originally posted by S-Express View Post
    Well, I used to thing that my ratchet spanners were the best tool in the world, but now I have this - ITS BRILLIANT!
    If you can possibly afford the space and cash - GET ONE, its so blinkin' marvelous!
    Looks good, however I think what we all want to know is, roughly how much?????
    S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

well, I paid 1200+vat but my "company" :mischeif: has purchased it, hence no vat.
      I've seen some very similar ones on ebay for a grand tho.
      No more scrabbling around on my back on a cold floor with oil in my hair for the next 20 years makes it worthwile!
      sigpic

Comment

unfortunately my car would come out the roof of my garage on its first lift!

Nice to see you have the use of some space....
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

thats cool, is it easy to move about or do you need to permanently anchor it?

TBH though if i had the space and the cash I think i'd get a two poster
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

mighty jealous - wonder if you can hire something like that
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

nah moves easy
              sigpic

Comment

Thats not fare!

Forum is bad enough for spendin more than is in the pocket!

I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaant one

S2 Avant ABY

Comment

thats a majpr benefit - good piece of kit - is it electric i assume?
                  Does it lock out when raised? No risk of crushing i hope?
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Looks like a nice piece of kit, I count myself very lucky having a lit pit in my workshop.
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Jeeez I would donate one of my busters to have a bit of kit like that,not to mention having a garage too
                      But have been working on the car in the evening when it has been - 8 ....floodlights keep me warm though
                      Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
                      Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
                      Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

ya i have a 4 post lift got given it , a must have bit of kit if you've got the space

Comment

Good work! That didn't take long to arrive and set-up. Looks a dream to have one. Now hurry up and finish yours!

Mark
                          '93 Brilliant Blue Audi S2 Avant - Broken again.
                          '98 Tahiti Blue Rover 216SE Coupe
                          '96 Arktiksilber Metallic BMW 525td (E34)
                          '01 Dark Green Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.1LTD
                          '97 Polar White Vauxhall Vectra 2.0Di LS
                          '96 Alpine White Peugeot 306 XLDt

Comment

If I'm being picky, it doesn't give quite as much access as a 2 poster but the access it gives is still blinkin marvelous and the prob with a 2 post lift is normally the height, wont fit in a normal garage where as this thing all but dissapears when its down.
                            Its 240v running a hydraulic pump and as it rises there are about 5 dead stops it passes through on the way up, so no danger of it squashing you !
                            You do however need compressed air (a tiny £40 comp would do the trick) as when you send it back down, 2 little pnuematic actuators move the dead stops sout of the way.
                            To be honest, I can't see why they haven't used electric solenoids, would have been simplier, but I guess they presume that most people that are buying a ramp will already have a compressor!
                            Oh yeah, you also need a little seat with 4 swivel castors on it
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heat Seeking Missile View Post
                              Good work! That didn't take long to arrive and set-up. Looks a dream to have one. Now hurry up and finish yours!

Mark
                              Yeh ok Mark, but there is a queue forming!
                              Seriously, any S2 forum members who live close enough to Chester are more than welcome to have the use of it (If I'm not using it :mischeif: ) mon-fri. We operate 24 hrs a day so you can work on your car all night if you want to! There's also a good selection of heavy weight tools here and a flt so no job is too big!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X