Anyone heard from or can contact...Andyh-R6S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard from or can contact...Andyh-R6S

Was hoping he still had one of hie ss coil brackets left. Have sent him a PM but no reply, assuming he maybe works away quite abit.

Anyone help me?
    Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Ur S6 Bulkhead Coil Bracket

Hi,

I am still in Japan for another 4 days but I should be at home next Monday for four weeks.

I do have a spare stainless steel bracket but I would not use aluminium tubes to separate the coil packs. (They tend to get crushed under the clamping force unless they are quite thick.) The thin walled stainless steel components I was sent with the original coils from 034 are a bit too thin so I bought some slightly thicker stuff instead and some more threaded rod. This way the coils look a bit more balanced. (I do have sections of the SS tube and threaded rods too)

Just remember the bracket is tailored for a 1997 Ur S6 bulkhead, etc.

I don’t have a PDF with me but I can copy the drawing for you when I get home.

Regards,

Andy.

Comment

Planning on using 1/2 inch alloy rod drilled to accept M6 ss studding all the way through.

Drawing would be much appreciated.

Lucky ********...how's Japan?

There'll be a pdf in my thread in a mo. for my bracket for comparison.
      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Ur S6 Ignition Coil Upgrade

Hi,

Japan might be good for a holiday but after ‘13’ longish trips since January 2007, it can be a bit tedious and I still have another ‘2 to 3’ trips to do! And where I am in Tokyuama/Kudamatsu, there is only one Audi, a red 80/A4 and I never see that move! Although I did manage to get the latest Japanese version ‘Audi R6S’ brochure a few months ago!

I do actually have the original 034 strut brace brackets in my garage somewhere but I do not think it is s good idea to hang this sort of kit off a strut brace. The drawing of my SS bracket is fully dimensioned with the odd bit of Japanese on it but all the critical dimensions are in English. (I got one of my Japanese friends to knock it up for me from my thick Mk7 cardboard prototype bracket!) I will take a picture of the 034 brackets against mine for a comparison, but the original kit supplied was never going to fit my car in year of Sundays, unless I fitted a power bulge to the car and I am not going there.

So if I can help, you are welcome to come and see my set up and I can talk you through what I did, etc. What I am after is though, is three or four ‘10 mm’ plug lead holders, that will take ‘5’ plug leads, etc. I was thinking of getting some ‘10 or 15 mm’ thick rubber disks and drilling ‘5’ holes and inserting the leads through to give the whole set-up some support. Rather than using the very high voltage insulating tape and tie wrap affair I have at present.

I have modified the whole of the inner face of the upper cam/coil cover to remove protrusions, etc and removed metal from a spare cam cover I had, so the leads do not get damaged when the top cover is fitted. (I will eventually get round to having it powder coated one day!) In addition, all of the plug leads are covered in high temperature silicon/fibre glass sleeves as well. (I think I pasted some pictures of the concoction in the Ur S6 area of the web site when I did it!)

Regards,

Andy.

Comment

Think i know what you mean...

I'll draw someting up and post it tonite.

Carlos.

Comment

Dimensioned Drawings of the 97 UR S6 RHD Ignition Bracket

Hi,

I have now found the original drawings and cardboard cut outs I used to get to MK7 which is the engineering drawing and what is fitted to my car. The bracket was made from “3 mm” laser cut Stainless Steel. (The only real difference between MK6 and MK7 is the loss of the upper bent edge as the thickness of the material is good enough as is. (Simpler to make as well1)

I have the original 034 Motorsport brackets (LHS + RHS) still and a spare Stainless Steel bracket too.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Andy H.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X