• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh No - A Toyota Starlet!!

Had a few run-ins with Scooby's and Cupra's before and been quite
    successfull (even with shopping in the boot!). But pulled up behind a
    boy-racer Toyota Starlet / Glanza the other morning and
    he gunned it, "this should be no problem" i thought!! - Christ those things are
    quick!

He was spitting flames out the back on each gearchange and was pulling
    away slowly until I got to third when I reeled him back in!

I know the Avant is a bit on the heavy side, but with circa 275hp it still shifts ok.

I thought these Toyota's only 1.3?

but the starlet only weigh around 1000kg. maybe a tune up and other camshaft? they feel quite quick when you drive them.

Comment

That'll be a Galanza turbo then. Small, light and turbocharged = fast to 100mph ish, after that it's about beating the air resistance so power is the key. Doesn't sound particularly standard, I'm sure there wan't a flamethrower option from Toyota
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

them starlets are a tunning companys dream car like most old cars not is all is as it seems.. they are used a lot with ralling etc.. always fancied one..

Comment

Our Japanese friends had a turbo version of all versions of the Starlet. I believe only RHD so interesting to import to the UK, tune it and surprise some German premiums.

Uses 4E-FTE 1331cc DOHC 4cyl EFI-16-valve intercooled turbo engine. Weight 830kg.
          www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

4wd transmission losses kill our S2's, you loose a huge amount where the starlet is 2wd so looses very little, of course weight aswell does'nt help is'nt the avant somewhere around 1800kg ?
            '95 ABY Avant - Sold
            '98 B5 S4 -MRC400+ = 464ps 741nm

Comment

It will be with a load of juice and someone in it.................I weigh in at 116kg so i'm well out of luck with something like that(that 18 stone to the normal person ha ha).Jap cars light+power=really fast
              Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

my mate had a 1.0 turbo 3 cylinder Daihatsu Charade years ago that was the same. up to 90mph it would eat anything and keep up with all sorts of really fast cars. after that he had to grin and accept being left behind. 782kg

http://www.carfolio.com/specificatio.../car/?car=6446
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                1990 CQ20v
                2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
                X