boost hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boost hoses

i've had a boost problem for awhile now on full throttle it wont rev past 4000 revs or boost higher than 0.5 and you can here like a whooshing sound coming from the airbox side, on half throttle drives fine and was wondering if my boost hoses might be faulty theres no splits in them but they are quite soft.

A dodgy dump valve would'nt cause this would it ?

If its from the airbox side then theres only two boost hoses over there, one from the turbo to airbox but also has the inlets for the dump valve and NJ75 valve, then theres the bottom boost hose from turbo to intercooler.

If you have not done already i would take them off completly and inspect them closely its easy to miss a split, do you have a boost testing kit ?
    '95 ABY Avant - Sold
    '98 B5 S4 -MRC400+ = 464ps 741nm

Comment

no i don't mate, but it's had a boost leak test done berfore, i've bypassed the d/v but i didn't make any difference, all the hoses have been checked for leaks but none where found, ive left other posts regarding this problem and i am starting to tear my hair out, it's doing my head in.

Comment

Originally posted by frazz View Post
        no i don't mate, but it's had a boost leak test done berfore, i've bypassed the d/v but i didn't make any difference, all the hoses have been checked for leaks but none where found, ive left other posts regarding this problem and i am starting to tear my hair out, it's doing my head in.

might be a stupid question but did you check under the hose clips for cuts/tears ?, also did you replace with new clips on refitting the hoses, sometimes they take a day or two to settle down with temp variation and all, always worth rechecking their tightness after a weeks driving, you got acces to vag-com , can you post any errors here ?

Comment

What about the pipe that runs inside the cross member is this ok or is the intercooler split somewhere, oh and the vacumn pipe from the inlet manifold to the dump valve, i know boost leaks are pain in the *** to find
          '95 ABY Avant - Sold
          '98 B5 S4 -MRC400+ = 464ps 741nm

Comment

Originally posted by ericd View Post
            might be a stupid question but did you check under the hose clips for cuts/tears ?, also did you replace with new clips on refitting the hoses, sometimes they take a day or two to settle down with temp variation and all, always worth rechecking their tightness after a weeks driving, you got acces to vag-com , can you post any errors here ?
            they've all been checked and were replaced with new clips, it had a code read by a garage that said it never brought any fault codes up

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_D View Post
              What about the pipe that runs inside the cross member is this ok or is the intercooler split somewhere, oh and the vacumn pipe from the inlet manifold to the dump valve, i know boost leaks are pain in the *** to find
              it had a boost leak check done and no leaks where found, the pipes have all been checked to.

Comment

Working...
              X