Fitting Lambda's to a 2.8 V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting Lambda's to a 2.8 V6

just took delivery of 2 new lambda's for my 2.8 80. They are the type without plugs so you splice them into your existing wiring. Not a problem I thought, read through the instructions, says there are 3 wires, fine so far, the wires are heater, signal and ground, fair enough I thought, then it says ther colour combinations are white, black and grey (on the new sensor), but when I look at the sensor there are 2 white and a black This is the same on the loom on the car. Question is what the heck way round do you connect these white wire and secondly, does it matter?

Other point is that the car has had 2 replacements already as the wires are spliced, this makes me think:

A, they may not be the fault to begin with.

B, have they maybe been wired wrong in the first place?
    1996 Audi S6 Avant.
    1994 80 TDI - Daily Driver

HAve the lambda probes came up as a fault via vag.com?
    93 S2 Avant Parting
    91 URQ RR
    02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

no, vag-com, snap on diagnostics nor the blink code led will show up anything on this car, all fail to connect (except the blink led which just lights up solid)
      1996 Audi S6 Avant.

Comment

What are the symptoms of the problems with the car?

start fine?

or is it running problems?

Comment

Car starts 100%, sometimes at idle it hunts a bit, at low throttle during driving it almost hesitates (as in you boot it and it dies off a bit, swap to lower gear and boot it and all is fine, you can change back up and chances are its Ok again.), seems to be esp when engine is hot (after sitting in traffic or when I've just booted the life out of it). Also MPG is way low, and I'm talking around 12-14mpg even when driven realativley easy. is ok on motorway cruising.
          1996 Audi S6 Avant.

Comment

Working...
          X