Wisdom Reqd My Head Hurts!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom Reqd My Head Hurts!!

HAVE JUST BEEN INFORMED MY 3B HEAD WAS OK ON COMPRESSION TEST NO CRACKS OR OTHER NASTY SURPRISESHOWEVER GUY TELLS ME NEED TO TAKE 15 THOU OFF HEAD TO STRAIGHTEN ITREALISE LESS REMOVED THE BETTER SO WONDERING IF IT BEST TO SOURCE NEW HEAD OR PAY TO HAVE HEAD SKIMMED??NOT SURE ON MAX TOLERANCE &BY THE TIME I HAVE BOGHT HEAD GASKET ETC.LOOKING AT £5OO OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS GUYS PLS
    I must have an S2!!!!

I had 21thou taken off mine ...should not cost a lot to get skimmed £40?..You need to take out the inlet valves as they sit proud prior to get the head skimmed..GSF for the head gasket kit £69
    93 S2 Avant Parting
    91 URQ RR
    02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

a head skim should be about 30 quid. gasket about the same for mls gasket.

15 thou is about 0.4mm. that should be ok. when i did my engine i had the head skimmed and the pistons too. i had 40 or 50 thou off the pistons.

id just get it skimmed and go from there. always use super or 99 ron juice.

Comment

Head can be scimbed ,but you cannot go beyond a minimum measurement of 118.1mm through the bolt holes. Cost should be about £100 plus gaskets,which you can get from Pete Reave at Quattro corner, he is a member on here.

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
          a head skim should be about 30 quid. gasket about the same for mls gasket.

15 thou is about 0.4mm. that should be ok. when i did my engine i had the head skimmed and the pistons too. i had 40 or 50 thou off the pistons.

id just get it skimmed and go from there. always use super or 99 ron juice.
          sigh of relief!!!need to get this car on the road had it 2yrs driven it once.can you vouch for gaskets if so info to source would be appreciated mate.
          I must have an S2!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Rider S4 View Post
            I had 21thou taken off mine ...should not cost a lot to get skimmed £40?..You need to take out the inlet valves as they sit proud prior to get the head skimmed..GSF for the head gasket kit £69
            ordered!! £70 all in quick mention of "THE GANG"well done GSF.CHEERS MATE
            I must have an S2!!!!

Comment

is that the mls gasket?

i can recommend impulse in rochdale for engine work. have used them myself to balance rods, sort the head having it cleaned up and new vavle guides and seals. skim head and pistons.

Comment

Working...
              X