• Show
Clear All

• Interesting GTech page

Four different cars:

UR quattro (20v)
    B5 RS4 (standard)
    A5 3.0tdi (manual)
    A8 3.0tdi (auto)

All on exactly the same bit of road. I am amazed at how close the A5 & A8 are the A5 felt so much quicker.. Was going to try the wife's A3 but i dont think its got enough power to trigger the gtech.....
    Attached Files

Wow, something is not right RS4 ? is so slow ? its exactly my time (s4 2.2) and has over 100 hp in plus ? is that RS4 2.7 TT ? 380hp ?

Comment

Wow, your UrQ is quick. These gear shift points are clearly visible in the graph. Is that turbo-lag, or is it just more difficult to make quick gear shifts, compared to the RS4 and A5?

Anyway, you are much quicker with your lightweight car

It would be nice to get a non-chipped and homefry chipped S2 in that testing overview as well!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by vcosmin View Post
        Wow, something is not right RS4 ? is so slow ? its exactly my time (s4 2.2) and has over 100 hp in plus ? is that RS4 2.7 TT ? 380hp ?
        Yes 2.7TT, and there is nothing wrong with it... (new maf, DV's & N75 no faults or air leaks) its the second one i have had both the same. Audi quote the 0-80 in 7.9 this is showing 8.3, I'm not side stepping the clutch as i have to pay...

Sadly think its about right for a standard car... so it wont be staying standard...

Comment

Originally posted by bram View Post
          Wow, your UrQ is quick. These gear shift points are clearly visible in the graph. Is that turbo-lag, or is it just more difficult to make quick gear shifts, compared to the RS4 and A5?

Anyway, you are much quicker with your lightweight car

It would be nice to get a non-chipped and homefry chipped S2 in that testing overview as well!

Cheers
          Yes the ur gear change just wont be hurried, the RS4 feels much more laggy than the ur. I think the big difference in cars is as you say weight. But more so the weight of the engine, the ur bottom end particularly flywheel has been heavily lightened and with a roller bearing turbo it is just up and gone.

The RS4 on the other hand feels heavy low down which i guess is down to the dual mass flywheel etc, but once its up and running the RS4 just feels stronger and stronger as the revs rise.

I think this indicates how important torque delivery is as opposed to hp figures. As an every day car hp in truth is irrelevant..

Comment

You need to ditch the roll out for performance testing.

Interesting how the A5 is faster to begine with and then the A8 is faster at the end.
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
              You need to ditch the roll out for performance testing.

Interesting how the A5 is faster to begine with and then the A8 is faster at the end.
              I know, but I'm just doing back to backs so need to keep them all the same.

Comment

Sure thing.

Those RS4 gearchanges account for quite a chunk of that time, be interesting to see it on a proper 1/4 mile run tho ;-) The RS4 power comes in a similar chunk to a k24 S2, there's just a lot more of it everywhere .

The quattro is mentally fast
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                  Sure thing.

The quattro is mentally fast
                  I know... it scares the t1t's off me...

Comment

Working...
                  X